Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my greddy type-s and the atp upp and my iceman tb. i have the mopar bov still on, and i followed the atp instructions and used their supplied vac line. the reason i cant use a bop is because the one that i ordered did not come with new bolts and i have the longer bolts from the mopar bov on, and i cant find the old ones so i didnt think the longer bolts would work. anyway, my question is i have a lot of fluttering happening at low and high boost. at high boost the bov still blows off but there is a split second of flutter, which concerns me. i have loosened the screw on top and am afraid to loosen it anymore because it is starting to woble like it wants to fall out. could it be the cheap setup i have right now or the mopar bov doin something???
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump....

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bumpity??

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
You cant have both in.. You gotta take that mopar bov out. its leaking out of there.. get some shorter bov bolts at Lowes/Home Depot. You only need 1 short one on the 3rd bolt. I accidentally used the stock ones with the bop. Made an indent on the turbo. lol! I forgot the sizing. but take 1 of yours in the store and get your size there with the sample test size they have there.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone know about how long all 3 bolts should be? thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
295 Posts
I also ordered the Greddy BOV and ATP Upp Pipe, how long did it take you to install?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
about an hour and a half, but u have to think about the time its gonna take u to adjust the bov. u have to jack up the car each time, kind of a pain.

·
Registered
295 Posts
ok thanks, yeah Im getting it Friday, installing it after I get back from work, its adjustable? i heard something about a spring causing a problem is that true?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the bov was 204 shipped from turboneonstore.com and the upp was 168 shipped from modernperformance. i havent heard of the spring causing a problem, you just have to adjust the bov to blow off when you want it to, which should be around 0 psi.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
You can take the adjuster screw out on mine and it still wont leak at 20 psi (I have pressure tested it many times). You will get a very small amount of flutter even if adjusted properly. If if flutters when you rev it in the driveway, its way too tight IMO. Also it will blow off everywhere, if you are coasting through a subdivision, and then give it enough gas to get it to 18" of vacuum, then let off, mine blows off. If it is not leaking under boost (I run 22 psi), why make it tighter than necessary (which would cause more flutter than necessary). Just my opinion.
Justin

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the opinion, ill give it a shot. u r the only one ive seen that has done that tho.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I don't actually have the screw out, I have it in about 2-3 threads. I'm just saying that it doesn't leak even with the screw all the way out (at least on my car) when I have pressure tested it.
Justin

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i now have the bop in and now it blows off way too soon. time to get the jack out!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
o is there anyway to make it louder?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts