Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you can tell from my sig i totalled my red 03, because i got hit by a drunk driver and was knocked out for two days. I plan on selling my supra and getting either a STi or an 05 SRT-4. the STi would be stock and the 05 srt would come with S2, STS, and mopar S2 coilovers. now my question is do u think that a type r would be too much for 22-24 pounds of boost and any sounds clips of a GReddy type R would be much appriciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i was thinking about the type-s but i heard they are really hard to tune and i dont know someone told me that it only hold like 23 then starts to no hold anymore. i had the hks ssqv and i liked it a lot but i want some more. i could order the type r with a standard spring?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
My friend and I just installed a Greddy Type R BOV on his Evo. To me it sounds like a "real" BOV. You know when you make the noise of a BOV, that clean, short phsss, that's it. It's quite big so we thought we'd be breaking windows when he let off but it's quite pleasent and sounds great.

BTW: His Evo is not stock.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I had the type s which I traded for a type r....totally different sounds with teh type s more of a high pitched sound(love it) and the type r more of whoosh sound (like it)...I have the standard spring in mine and it's easily tunable. The only worry I had was not that the type s would leak, but wouldn't be able to handle/flow the amt. of air from 25+ psi of boost on my big turbo

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i have to sell my racing type ll with the supra its only fair, the supra is is almost new condition. it has 30k miles on it and has never seen the nitrous that is on it. i have never had to use it :lol: i think i am going to go with the type r with standard spring. thx for all the replys. oh theres a guy that said he will buy my supra for 42k cash. i kinda eary about the cash but whatever.

·
Registered
963 Posts
The Type R has a larger diameter valve which releases greater voulmes of air more quickly. This in turn keeps your turbine/inpeller spinning at a greater RPM, but also requires quicker shifts. Mainly used on rally cars which also have a bang bang to combat turbo lag and keep the turbo spooled. The Type R works well on SRTs beacuse of the high vacuum. If you have your heart set on one, I have a Polished GReddy Type R BOV. $185 + $5 shipping anywhere in the US.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.