Dodge SRT Forum banner

Greddy BOV Problem

758 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  TurboSrt-Four 
#1 ·
I just installed a Greddy type S BOV with a ED hard pipe kit. Here's the problem, in 1st gear (only in first) the motor shakes like crazy! I am driving just like I did before I installed the parts, so I know it's not bogging. I also adjusted the BOV to the hard side and it still does it, really feels like something is going to snap. Any ideas?

#2 ·
yea heres an idea, you did somthing terribly wrong, and your car is going to explode....

actually you pick up more lag with the exhaust depot kit for some reason. theres your problem right there, you even said so, " i drive it just like i did before..." give it some more gas on take off and youll be a ok. im going to assume that you did a block off plate to0. hope that helps bro..

#7 ·
Did you install a block off plate?

#8 ·
Yes I installed the block off plate and let the pink line vent to atmosphere. Their are no boost leaks. I rechecked everything. Question, just to double check myself the vacuum line for the BOV goes into the purple port not the silver one?

#10 ·
Just a quick reminder but make sure that your intercooler pipes are not rubbing anything on the motor. My Cold Side Pipe was rubbing my slave cylinder on the tranny and when I would pull out in 1st gear I would get real bad shakes. I tightened up the fit and everything was great. Also check all your vacuum lines that you played with installing the BOV and make sure they are all tight. If possible put zip ties around the hoses on the "T"s. Cap off all of the connections on the middle solenoid.

This link may help:

http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28886

That is the way I have my system setup with no problems at all!

Also what is your Boost/Vac Gauge showing at IDLE.

#11 ·
I capped the pink line a few minutes ago and went for a spin around the block, it is still doing it.

TurboSrt-Four: That sounds exactly what my problem is, but I checked to see if anything was rubbing and I can't find it. I will check it again tomorrow. I think that I will reroute the vac line like you suggested. My Boost gauge is not showing nothing unsual at idle.

#12 ·
Also the Cold Side Pipe could be "banging" on the throttle body or the intercooler while you pull out in 1st gear. You are going to have to play with the fitment of the pipe. Watch your "T" clamps on the couplers too. My top clamp was hitting my Oil Catch Can in the begining until i rotated it a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.