Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short. Bought a SRT that was built for road racing. I am turning it into a gravel/off road rally car. Very excited and love this car. I have a list of mods that I'm am looking to upgrade with or replace worn out stock. My only background with mods is with the F150 ecoboost and that seems vastly different from this powerful 4 banger. So looking for advice on my list on what to add or stay clear of. Any advice from you community would be awesome and happy to join the SRT community.

Parts list
MPX upper/lower engine build 2500
Mpx powder coat valve cover 240
Mpx silicone hose upgrade 180
Mishimoto Radiator fan 180
Mishimoto radiator 250
180 degree thermo 10
AEM cold air 210
Mpx 70mm throttle body 380
Agp solid engine mount 225
Aem methodology kit 360
Mpx shorty antenna 19
Fuel line return kit 750cc 685
Sdk nylon firewall to rail 90
Walbro 255 fuel pump 110
Grenetelli ignition box (1 step) 120
Wire tuck engine harness 550
Agp blow off & hard pipe 325
Mishimoto intercooler 360
Black rhino boxer 875
Falken ziex 500
Spyder headlights 260
Spyder taillights 160
Seibon ts carbon hood 820
D2 racing rally gravel suspension 2000
Weapon r torque damper 209
Oem oil cooler w/ upgrade cupping 120
Boomba fuel rail 150
Mopar oem oil pump 340
Ignition heat cover 50 neon and things
Valve cover oil cab 30

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Forget the mishimoto radiator and fans. Stock is proven to be better. Absolutely no need in the torque damper with upgraded motor mounts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, are there any aftermarket radiator or fans that would be worth the money for superior cooling or are the stock ones that good? Thanks for the advice on the torque damper, saves me some money and redundancy. I appreciate the feed back. Any more advice or recommendations? Any would be great and welcomed.

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Yes. I have a lot more to add. But it’ll have to wait until tomorrow. Haha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, alright no worries. I really appreciate it and look forward to seeing what you add to what I thought was already a long list.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Get duster360 3 bar map tip 80# injector package
All 4 motor mounts
Moog problem solver lower control arms

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
DONT BUY:
Mishimoto Radiator fan 180
Mishimoto radiator 250
Weapon r torque damper 209

BUY IF YOU WANT, NOT NESSESARY:
Mpx silicone hose upgrade 180
Mpx 70mm throttle body 380 (will not help anything, especially on a stock turbo.)
Aem methodology kit 360
Agp blow off & hard pipe 325 (not needed for a stock turbo setup, but is required if you go to a larger turbo in the future. a block-off plate is also required to use this with stock turbo.)
Mishimoto intercooler 360 (while probably a great intercooler, there are other really good options at cheaper price. However, the stock intercooler is fine with stock turbo especially if you're planning to add the meth kit.)
Wire tuck engine harness 550 (very nice setup, but unless there is something wrong with your harness, this is not needed.)

SOLID OPTION FOR PURCHASE:
MPX upper/lower engine build 2500 (IDK the details on this engine build, but if its from MPX i'm sure its a decent setup.)
180 degree thermo 10
AEM cold air 210
Agp solid engine mount 225 (Dont forget the transmission mount also. The 4th mount (in passenger side frame rail) should also be addressed.)
Fuel line return kit 750cc 685 (You will need some way to tune the car, which is why fixit suggested the tune/injector combo from duster360. check out needlesstorque.com)
Sdk nylon firewall to rail 90
Walbro 255 fuel pump 110
Grenetelli ignition box (1 step) 120
Boomba fuel rail 150
Mopar oem oil pump 340 (Nothing wrong with this, although there are upgraded units on the market you might be able to find around the same price.)

ASTHETICS- YOUR CHOICE:
Black rhino boxer 875
Falken ziex 500
Spyder headlights 260
Spyder taillights 160
Seibon ts carbon hood 820
Mpx shorty antenna 19
Mpx powder coat valve cover 240
Ignition heat cover 50 neon and things
Valve cover oil cab 30

I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS:
D2 racing rally gravel suspension 2000
Oem oil cooler w/ upgrade cupping 120 (Im unfamiliar with this cupping upgrade.)
OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER:
AGP billet shift selector (EVERY SRT-4 SHOULD HAVE ONE OF THESE!!)
Exhaust downpipe (cat delete)
I'll think of more...

I can tell you've been doing some research, which is a good thing. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Also, as fixit was hinting at, consider doing all the standard maintenance to the car before throwing upgrades at it. upgrade/replace all rubber components (i.e. suspension, shifter cable bushings, hoses, lines etc.) Change all the fluids. Inspect the brakes.

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
I also meant to add, "Welcome to the forums!"

Show us some pictures of what you're working with so we can see what kind of starting point you're working with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jesus, thank you grump1114 and fixit, that is super indepth I sincerely appreciate it and that is more than I could have asked for.

The car came is in pretty decent shape and came with some mods on it that I am working on identifying and looking over to check there state. I'll add the list of what is supposed to be on it below.

So the engine needs a rehaul and clean up. That's why I'm gonna do a upper and lower rebuild and throw on the new harness.

I'm replacing all the rubber shit with steel braid of silicone.

I'm looking at an intercooler because the owner before me threw on a AGP BFMIC on stock turbo and it lags hard so I'm looking for a direct fit to replace it with.

I have recently bought the Diablosport trinity for my tuning needs and ill look more into duster360 tunes once everything comes together.

All the maintenance stuff is on hold till I replace any older parts to with new and and replace the lines so I can keep all that junk out of the fresh rebuild and part.

I'm not really driving the car at the moment because I am not at home. When I do get home I will upload a good few pics to give a better view of what I got ahead of me lol. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts