Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to... oh wait, no one.

i will not be releasing details to the install at this point.

here's a short vid of it in action.
http://import.h8rs.com/neonwasp/ebc/4-24.mov

some pics when its daylight, maybe another movie of it in action.

haven't hooked up the wastegate sol. at this point, just getting it to read everything first.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
NeonWaSp said:
why will you not release details of the install? dont you think it might help other people to know what you had to do?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
NeonWaSp said:
thanks to... oh wait, no one.

here's a short vid of it in action.
http://import.h8rs.com/neonwasp/ebc/4-24.mov

some pics when its daylight, maybe another movie of it in action.

haven't hooked up the wastegate sol. at this point, just getting it to read everything first.
You sir are a biotch in my book until you share :D :lol:
I would have helped ya except I an not at that point yet, so now that you are the first, congrats.

Now post the speed wire location, rpm wire location and all other pertinent info!!!

Cali

E

·
0 Posts
I think he's being sarcastic, Neon's a good guy and has been open with info. He probably wants to get everything figured out and do a good writeup, and obviously he hasnt figured everything out yet..

Patience :)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
ekool said:
obviously he hasnt figured everything out yet..
LMAO!!

I think so too, and Im sure wasp will tell us later

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
And if he doesn't, THEN we track down him down and torture the information out of him :twisted:

·
Registered
207 Posts
ekool said:
I think he's being sarcastic, Neon's a good guy and has been open with info. He probably wants to get everything figured out and do a good writeup, and obviously he hasnt figured everything out yet..

I hope so for his sake, otherwise thats just plain rude!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey now, I tried helping. But you never responded after one of my questions. And I couldn't hang around too long because half the time I was home for a short time during my lunch. If ANYONE has any questions, feel free to IM me. I've got both SRT4 manuals here for now. IM's work better so I don't have to keep hitting refresh to check a topic.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nighcore said:
Hey now, I tried helping. But you never responded after one of my questions. And I couldn't hang around too long because half the time I was home for a short time during my lunch. If ANYONE has any questions, feel free to IM me. I've got both SRT4 manuals here for now. IM's work better so I don't have to keep hitting refresh to check a topic.
ugh, i know i told you which wires at least 5 times!! (well maybe not 5)

anyways, did some trial runs tonight. i havent done anything with the by gear or by speed boosting, so far just by rpm. my comments:
oh
my
god

13 psi is nice. 16+ is fucking insane!
some gears the boost drops off, the guy thats sitting in my passenger seat and i are still learning the duty etc etc etc so while running through it we've been able to get it to hold boost and sometimes not. like i said, still learning, but yeah, this thing is amazing. you have full boost come in at say 3000 and it SHOVES you back in your seat :):):):):)
also, the turbo is noticeably louder and spools INSANELY quick. even in fifth gear! i dont have the cable to my camera, i dont know where it went otherwise i'd have a video of it spooling in fifth gear. more to come later. just know for now: this ebc is incredible and an extra 3-4 psi of boost is INSANE!
me like!!!

as far as watching the EGT, i did not notice temperatures being any higher than before.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
boost

I hear ya, Wasp.
The difference between 12 and 15 psi is just CRAZY!
Plus, the quick spooling with a boost controller is the best.
I had to take mine off for a bit and my car actually feels slow. :lol:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
NeonWasp,

Does the Apexi AVC-R read in kpa or psi? Are there two different models that you can choose from? Also, how much did you end up paying for the unit? Can we get a picture of it in the daylight?

Thanks!

-Sam

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it reads in kg/cm^2 only 1 model
get a ti calc and make a little conversion program :)
multiply 14.223 by the kg/cm^2 and you get psi.

got it from mp for 500. ill get a daylight pic today

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Sorry, I know this is an old post, but wanted to reply with some questions. My buddy had this controller on his mr2 turbo. It was very hard to install in his car from what I remember. Anyhow?

Do you have any traction? 16psi at 3000rpms? It sounds wicked, but if your just spinning the wheels up to redline, then it is not for me.

Also, did you get this install a stickie? I am curious.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts