Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was picking up my sister and cousins from school and a cop stopped me in the damn school parking lot. He wrote me down for my tint in front and no plate in front. He said i can get this written off....so lets say i get it written off by a cop friend... and i slap on my plate just for when i pick them up, can he stop me and tell me to roll up my windows? What can i say to him and all that? Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you get the stuff written off at CHP you gotta take the tint off and put the plate on and then they'll write it off. Although I've had these same problems, parked it out of site, cop was lazy, asked if it was fixed, said yep, he didn't even check. And to my understanding if your windows are down you can't be asked to roll them up, they have to have a just cause for a search and that would constitute a search as they would be asking you to do something that would get you busted since the tint wouldn't be in plain view.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Blue Acuma said:
I was a witness in a traffic accident and stayed to give my side of the story and the Chp asked me to roll up my windows and I got a ticket for them, I guess it depends on the cop. Oh well huh.
why did he do that for...cops always harass people they, should solve some crime and keep the streets safe, not give people tickets for tint

·
Registered
131 Posts
Should have asked him what his just cause was for you to roll up your windows and see if he persisted or pulled out the "do it cause I told you to" bit :) Although then if anything else is 'not legal' on your car you could get busted for it all. And yeah it does depend, I had a CHP let me off on front tint even though he ticketed me for not front plate cause he said "well I guess the tint isn't that dark". I dunno, some are cool some aren't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts