Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my shippment of new NGK's. Now their gapping them at .047 instead of .045 WHY? Did they realize that .045 wasn't good or something? Still have stage 0(stock) and only boosting 12psi at 60 degrees outside temp. Noticed I would get stumble at WOT at gaps more than .052 Now have stock champs (.050) back in and car is pulling harder than before with old NGK's at .053(10k, worn out) Think car is pulling harder than NGK's ever did.???? Well, got three sets of NGK's. Going to try different gaps and see what happens. .050(stock reconmendation) , .047(new NGK setting), .040 (most popular setting) Will post results of BUTT DYNO. :lol:

Any comments welcome on What gap should be for my car with my mods of just a cat back and K&N drop in filter.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Results are in!!!!!

Well, after running different gaps I noticed .040 had the smoothest acceleration and Idle. Also, Virtually no spark blowout above 5500RPM at 12psi...As far as power goes, not sure...think .050 gives best power, more so with stock champions. But with champs I get spark blowout/stumble above 5500 RPM. What should I be going for??? Smooth acceleration (.040) or more maybe more pep(.050)??? Scared to run Champions though, after hearing horror stories of them breaking inside motor. Know .040 will give best gas mileage....so thinking of that being best since todays prices for Sunoco ultra 94 just went up to 2.16 a gallon. :crying:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
GOTNEON said:
Well, after running different gaps I noticed .040 had the smoothest acceleration and Idle. Also, Virtually no spark blowout above 5500RPM at 12psi...As far as power goes, not sure...think .050 gives best power, more so with stock champions. But with champs I get spark blowout/stumble above 5500 RPM. What should I be going for??? Smooth acceleration (.040) or more maybe more pep(.050)??? Scared to run Champions though, after hearing horror stories of them breaking inside motor. Know .040 will give best gas mileage....so thinking of that being best since todays prices for Sunoco ultra 94 just went up to 2.16 a gallon. :crying:
$2.169????????? that's it? here in CA for 91 it's over $2.409 p/gal

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bullwinkle said:
$2.169????????? that's it? here in CA for 91 it's over $2.409 p/gal

Sorry dude...I know your pain..was out in CA last march and was paying 2.40 for regular. :crying: in rental car. super was like 2.60 :crying: :crying:
SUCKS you guys only have 91 octane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.