Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I drove to Texas and back over the weekend and I am now in posession of one complete dual stage water injection kit! :clap:

So now I need to install it. Anybody wanna volunteer a garage or a driveway and a few tools to give me a hand? The only tool I don't have but I need is a tap and die set. If no one volunteers a place, I'll give Paul a call to see if I can use his driveway again! thanx.........

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
91CavGT said:
So I drove to Texas and back over the weekend and I am now in posession of one complete dual stage water injection kit! :clap:

So now I need to install it. Anybody wanna volunteer a garage or a driveway and a few tools to give me a hand? The only tool I don't have but I need is a tap and die set. If no one volunteers a place, I'll give Paul a call to see if I can use his driveway again! thanx.........
Hey, you can call Paul, but bhe has to ask ME to use my driveway. :frogtongu

However, I do not have a tap and die set.

Call if you need to come by.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mihimahi said:
Hey, you can call Paul, but bhe has to ask ME to use my driveway. :frogtongu

However, I do not have a tap and die set.

Call if you need to come by.

Sorry bout that! I'm REALLY bad with names.

If I can kick this cold that I've currently got by Saturday then I'll be needing a place to install it. I'm gonna do all the wiring, install the resevoir, and install the pump on Friday at the hotel so it won't take quit as long on Saturday.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Not sure where your located BUT if you want to drive out to Corona, you can use my garage ... I have a tap & die set as well .

I'm interested in this and it would be nice to see this installed .

PM me w/ your number if your interested .

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
you should have given me a call while you were back home.
i could have helped you install it here before you went back.
:hi:

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Hey David... let us know if you need help.

Cat

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just do it at Mikes. It's close, there's always alcohol and we can make fun of Paul. Sounds like a damn good time to me. :)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alrighty then. Mike, would it be alright if we were to use your driveway on Saturday for this?? And could you get access to a tap and die set?

Nate, I was only in town for 2 days and had to take care of too many things to install it the proper way.

E-Lemon-8r, thanx for the offer. I have no idea where you are at either as I'm still not familiar with the area. However, if you wanna come by Mike's place if he's willing to host this then you can see first hand how it's installed.

I just bought a digital camera as well so I will be taking pics of the install.

·
Registered
189 Posts
91CavGT

I will wait to see the pics you post up ... and your review .
I would go and see this being done in person BUT I'm going to stick to my original plans for the weekend and put in my Large FMIC since you won't be needing my garage .

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
E-Lemon-8r said:
91CavGT

I will wait to see the pics you post up ... and your review .
I would go and see this being done in person BUT I'm going to stick to my original plans for the weekend and put in my Large FMIC since you won't be needing my garage .

Well, stop by and we can help you install it! I've taken my front clip off and re-installed it about 4 times so I'm pretty familiar with the process.

Mike, would it be possible for us to do this starting around noon in your driveway? I'm heading out right now to buy the final parts to get it all together.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
91CavGT said:
Alrighty then. Mike, would it be alright if we were to use your driveway on Saturday for this?? And could you get access to a tap and die set?
QUOTE]

Yep, you sure can come on over... but the tap and die set, I don't have, Dave. :crying:

Mike

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
soybuff said:
What more do you need to buy thats not included in the kit?

You need a resevoir to hold the fluid and depending on where you are going to mount the pump determins what else you might need. I'm doing lots of custom stuff to my system so it requires a handful of parts that I had to gather before I even thought about starting.

Mike, I'll stop by AutoZone and check on renting a tap and die set. I'll see you guys around noon then! :hi: thanx!!!!

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
David.. you should have came out to Torrance In&Out tonight... there were 6-7 SRTs...

:meow:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
x_srt4_x said:
David.. you should have came out to Torrance In&Out tonight... there were 6-7 SRTs...

:meow:

I had to do some prep work on the water injection install. Things like mounting the 2 LEDs in the dash, soldering some wires, ######## on a pressure gauge, and making sure teflon tape is on all the water connections.

Otherwise I woulda been there..........

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, got everything installed with some help from Mike! At first, we thought the pump might be bad but then we realized that there was air in the lines before the pump.

At the hotel, I got it working and took it out for a test drive. DOH, I wired up the solenoids backwards! So I've currently got the big nozzle spraying at 4 psi and the small nozzle spraying at 14 psi! So, the car bogs, spits, and sputters at WOT till about 4,000 rpm then it just takes off!

I'll be fixing this little problem, then tuning it a bit. In about a week or two I'll be dynoing it to see what kind of power increase this kit gives on crappy California 91 octane gas!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts