Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only have one thing to say..........

DCR FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!

My SRT can be heard from down the block just cruising. The turbo is SO FREAKIN LOUD!! :wah?!:

This turbo before it was sent off was nice, it was pretty quick to spool and you could hear a slight whistle when I got on it.

Now when I spool it up, I am waiting for the damn fender to implode it is sucking in so much air........................Im not kidding. This damn thing whistles while cruising. EXTREMELY NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE!!!! :clap:

Now on to the power increase.......................uhh................yeah. I need to change my shorts. It pulls so freakin hard I can honestly say "It's Stupid Fast", well for me at least.

THe Stage 3 would put you back in the seat pretty good at a downshift to 3rd at 60MPH. Now the turbo spools so quick, it hits like a damn hammer and tries to haze the tires at 60Mph.

To anyone getting this done, YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY!

I would recommend this to EVERY S3R Owner!!!

Thanks again DCR, your work shows pure perfection!

PS. Matt be on the lookout for the package I am sending to you and Darrell. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Yea I got the same thing done to mine I also got the the dcr oil pump,balance shaft deleted,windage tray,and big oil filter....

The turbo mod is definitley a must have.....the spool up is way quicker and the car does pull harder........I got on it alittle bit yesterday when I went down the road........But i'm still alittle gun shy from my oil pump failure
before......
Darrell showed me my pump and it was messed up bad........thank God i shut the motor down as soon as the oil light came on :wah?!: .........

But any way I lauched the car and flat shifted second gear hit 26 psi spun and let off.....I havent tried hom mode yet....Hopefully I can get on the dyno tomorrow and see what the car has picked up.......the only changes i have are dcr stg3 mod,Aluminum fly wheel and the oil pump mods I spoke of earlier....

I'm going to run only enough boost to keep a 12.1-12-5 in hom...Before I was 12-.9-13.1 and that cost me the oil pump...With straight sunoco 110.

Also before numbers were 387 hp and 448tq hom
non hom 356 hp and 402 tq

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you lose oil pressure and the oil light comes on the car automatically goes into limp mode and shuts down. SRT-Jay ripped off his oil pan and I'm pretty sure thats what happened to him... These cars be smart.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
sounds sick.. we are gonna have to go for a ride... :thumbsup: , it seems the install went better than the night you uninstalled it. glad you got it back so quickly. now your gonna force me to go BIG to keep up, and you know i will... :eveilgrin , once again congrats.... tell the wife i said hello. pm is on the way.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX said:
I'm pretty sure if you lose oil pressure and the oil light comes on the car automatically goes into limp mode and shuts down. SRT-Jay ripped off his oil pan and I'm pretty sure thats what happened to him... These cars be smart.

Well dude..Hate to break it to you.......these cars do not shut off when there is a loss of oil pressure.......i've read about a couple of guys burning up their motors........Trying to make it a couple of miles with no oil....
Also I restarted the car after it happened to verify it was the oil pump......As soon as I started the car all you could hear was the valve train........I shut it off again and that confirmed it was the oil pump.

·
Registered
663 Posts
What was your chance in your A/F's?? big difference? I want to know because I need to find out how lean I would be with it and my ported head.

Thx

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
When I added the agp w/g the change was not bad at all........ It stayed around 11.8-12-1 across the board.......But when I added the ported intake with the 60mm tb........thats when the car got really lean......

·
Registered
663 Posts
well either way if i get this mod or not i plan on running stock wga with computer controlled boost for now.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok keep in mind that the computer was still in learning mode, but the A/Fs were very rich. LOW LOW 11's. However it was pulling like a damn runaway train.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
srt4police said:
ok keep in mind that the computer was still in learning mode, but the A/Fs were very rich. LOW LOW 11's. However it was pulling like a damn runaway train.
Are you using the agp wga or the stage 3 wga?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow thanks for the review. I can't wait to get mine on. I wonder what causes the turbo to be so much louder? Do you have a CAI? Cat? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
nathanstl said:
Wow thanks for the review. I can't wait to get mine on. I wonder what causes the turbo to be so much louder? Do you have a CAI? Cat? Thanks.
Its alot louder now because you are actually using the turbo to its fullest.. Before its was not hitting the wheel like it should have been, its like taking a piss with the lights off and you don't hear any water.. :wah?!:

oh and BTW, With the stage 3's I also include a new Exhaust manifold gasket.. But would we just send you any gasket?? No, we send you a nice metal shimmed one that goes on PT turbos :thumbsup: They do not leak :D

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
DSMDirkah said:
Its alot louder now because you are actually using the turbo to its fullest.. Before its was not hitting the wheel like it should have been, its like taking a piss with the lights off and you don't hear any water.. :wah?!:

oh and BTW, With the stage 3's I also include a new Exhaust manifold gasket.. But would we just send you any gasket?? No, we send you a nice metal shimmed one that goes on PT turbos :thumbsup: They do not leak :D
It's the factory PT turbo gasket?I want to get one before i put my turbo
on.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
DSMDirkah said:
Yes sir :eveilgrin
Are you guys talking about the turbo manifold gasket? (between the head and the exhaust manifold?) If so, the stock SRT-4 gasket is the same as the PT GT turbo.. It's stainleess steel on one side, gasket material on the other. Same stuff.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
funks said:
Are you guys talking about the turbo manifold gasket? (between the head and the exhaust manifold?) If so, the stock SRT-4 gasket is the same as the PT GT turbo.. It's stainleess steel on one side, gasket material on the other. Same stuff.
The ones we include in the kit are metal on both sides :readclose Darrell told me that was off a PT turbo.. They are different for some reason.. but they work better nonetheless

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
funks said:
Just wanted to point out that on the stock gasket the gasket material
seems to be cork that has been coated with some kind of silver metallic
coating.At least my stock gasket is.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts