Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:clap: ......Finally i get to drive a fast car. I had a civic before SOHC vtec and it doesnt even compare to this baby. I'll be posting pics soon after i post them in car domain. The car is extremely fast. I got it on Monday but since the Hurricane crap going on i havent gotten a chance to post anything. The car feels great and it has a lot of potential. Its black by the way. The people at the dealer were extremely friendly and i got it for a good price. Fully loaded with every factory option for $22k. Im here in Miami, FL. I also had some concerns and questions since im new to this ball game, and all my experience and knowledge is about Hondas.

1. I always hear that when you get a new car you should always break in the motor. When should i step on the car to it's full potential. I have stepped on it but i have been shifting slow and been shifting at around 5k. Only done it a couple of times. I have not peeled out or anything or done any abuse on the clutch. I always let the car warm up and cool down when im done driving. I just dont want my motor to fuck in my new car because i have stepped on it moderetly a few times. Did you guys step on your cars when you got it or im i just being parraniod since its a new car? :readclose

2. I hear something that the sales person told me at the dealer about this T that you buy for $5 and it makes you boost 17-18 psi. Is it safe and how do i install it. Anyone here in MIA with an srt-4 can help.?

3. My motor everytime that i turn of the car does this weird noise as im turning it off. I hear about 3-4 clicks. Sounds like a motor mount, but the car is fairly new, i have about 255 miles now. Is this normal?.

Well i have done a lot of typing and will be glad to hear some responses towards my questions. Will post pics of the car soon.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Congrats on the new ride.:thumbsup:

During the break in period I drove the car normal with a few occasional blasts. I didn't take it totally easy but I didn't over do it. Then I changed the oil at 1500 miles. I'm at 20k now and haven't had any major issues.

Don't listen to knucklehead salesmen. This magical T he is referring to is probably the spring mod (which has nothing to do with a T by the way). Put a tighter external spring on the wga arm and it gives the car more boost by keeping the wga flapper door shut longer to hold more boost. And IMO more headaches. Just avoid it. Learn from us experienced ones - do things the right way.

And your issue with the clicks, I don't know. Might be normal engine noise. Or might be something rattling when the engine finishes shaking when it turns off. Perhaps some motor mount inserts might cure it.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Main_Event said:
evo77 ur red srt is so dam sexy, those rims really stand out very nice man
Thanks bro.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
Xlid said:
shifting at around 5k.
this is no Honda we don't rev to 8000. If you're doing normal driving accelerate and shift under 3000rpms. I shift at 2500 and I'm at -10 vac and this is in "Miami" traffic.

Xlid said:
I hear something that the sales person told me at the dealer about this T that you buy for $5 and it makes you boost 17-18 psi. Is it safe and how do i install it. Anyone here in MIA with an srt-4 can help.?
It's a bleeder valve type setup...not what the guy said about the spring mod. That's yet another thing...don't do it.

BTW I'm in Miami what's up? I live near Coconut Grove and Miracle Mile. :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I shift early as fuck. Im not nused to the car still though.....its fast as balls. Im here in the Kendall area. Im planning to buy a Forge BOV since it bolts right onto the stock flange. What do you guys think about the Bov. Reviews and opinions welcome.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
actually i made 245hp with the spring mod, and when i took it off and put in the AGp WGA and Profec B i lost 15 HP..... and my A/F was worse.... so im not to sure about that headache part...

Go for it if you want a quick, cheap, easy mod...............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts