Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am sitting at a light with the wife, and there is a sharp looking M-3 convertible next to us. Now, I admire any vehicle regardless of manufacture, and my wife loves Bimmers, so we are looking at the car, I comment on the drivers (guy in his late 30's) choice of Continentals for tires, and think nothing of it. Light turns green, and being the responsible citizen I am, I pull away from the light slowley and shift into second at about 2500 - 3000 rpms. Zoom!!! BMW gos flying by!! WTF? My wife sez "he must have heard you talking about his tires." I stay in second, turbolag. . . . . 3k rpm . . .boost! I am moving now, but the BMW has shut down. Fucker! So I avoid the ricer flyby, and maintain speed next to him, but he is laughing and doesnt want any. He turns of on the next street, and I woulda followed except its a residential area. Man, I was pissed, and my wife was laughing. It was almost as bad as when I lined up at a red next to a modded WRX, with a cop behind us. I could feel him take out his ticket book. Irregardless, next time I see that Bmw, its on. :twisted:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,578 Posts
i bet hes on all of the bmw boards bragging about how he beat an srt-4. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
A couple of days ago when I was in Tacoma I had a guy pass me in a NICE M3 and what he did surprised me. He turns and looks at me and my car as he is passing me , gives us a wave and with an excited smile a big thumbs up while pointing at the car. Dude that made my day to see someone in a very new pretty expensive car be excited about my car. That was cool.

BTW the M3 that I played with a week or so ago had more than the SRT could handle. For what it is worth, we were only playing not all out racing but from 0-70 it was faster than me time after time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,203 Posts
el_jefe said:
So I am sitting at a light with the wife, and there is a sharp looking M-3 convertible next to us. Now, I admire any vehicle regardless of manufacture, and my wife loves Bimmers, so we are looking at the car, I comment on the drivers (guy in his late 30's) choice of Continentals for tires, and think nothing of it. Light turns green, and being the responsible citizen I am, I pull away from the light slowley and shift into second at about 2500 - 3000 rpms. Zoom!!! BMW gos flying by!! WTF? My wife sez "he must have heard you talking about his tires." I stay in second, turbolag. . . . . 3k rpm . . .boost! I am moving now, but the BMW has shut down. Fucker! So I avoid the ricer flyby, and maintain speed next to him, but he is laughing and doesnt want any. He turns of on the next street, and I woulda followed except its a residential area. Man, I was pissed, and my wife was laughing. It was almost as bad as when I lined up at a red next to a modded WRX, with a cop behind us. I could feel him take out his ticket book. Irregardless, next time I see that Bmw, its on. :twisted:
Hahaaaaaaa. This is a typical when some doesn't want to be embarrased with a 50K car to a 20K car. It was the same with the Z models. They will look but try to avoid you. However, not to bad mouth the latest M3, it is a serious car and just as fast as the Cobra.

However, the M3 is a fast car. I had the opporunity to run with a modified older M3 on the road and we both laughed at the GT Mstang that tried in vain to keep up (this was done in the Swift GT turbo 21PSI boost & modified suspension).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
el_jefe said:
Irregardless, next time I see that Bmw, its on. :twisted:
LOL! Are you kidding? The SRT-4 is no match for the M3 (new one). You would need mad mods to hang with it. Stock is low 13s all day and it has a killer top end..:)

-M
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Phoenyx said:
el_jefe said:
Irregardless, next time I see that Bmw, its on. :twisted:
LOL! Are you kidding? The SRT-4 is no match for the M3 (new one). You would need mad mods to hang with it. Stock is low 13s all day and it has a killer top end..:)

-M
That argument is a bit 'tired', as they say. The SRT-4 CAN and will run with the new M3 convertibles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Xerxes said:
Phoenyx said:
el_jefe said:
Irregardless, next time I see that Bmw, its on. :twisted:
LOL! Are you kidding? The SRT-4 is no match for the M3 (new one). You would need mad mods to hang with it. Stock is low 13s all day and it has a killer top end..:)

-M
That argument is a bit 'tired', as they say. The SRT-4 CAN and will run with the new M3 convertibles.
"Tired"? You tell me how a low 14-sec car can hang with a low 13-sec car on the roll?

Any evidence that this is the case? Do you know how many cars 1 sec is during the quarter?

-M
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
Like I said I didn't have a chance against the M3 I was playing with and I do believe it was stock. It's not like we are driving the fastest car in the world. There are some cars that will beet us every time driver or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
daytonagts said:
Like I said I didn't have a chance against the M3 I was playing with and I do believe it was stock. It's not like we are driving the fastest car in the world. There are some cars that will beet us every time driver or not.
Ok, as long as you know this...:)

-M
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Tired because this discussion/argument has already been had more than once. Do some more magazine racin'. Current (and recent) M3 verts run HIGH 13's to mid 14's. And to 60 in 5.4 to 5.7. That sounds like a race to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,203 Posts
M3 Vehicle Performance Specs

For the 02 M3 Conver.

(04/02 tested)
ENGINE: 3.2ltr I-6
COST: 57,220
TRANNY: 6-speed M
RWD
HP RATED: 333
0-60: 5.0 seconds
1/4 Mile: 13.6/103.18MPH

Reference: Motor Trend

Maybe want to add a 300.00 mod (3-inch piping mod) to bring the car into the mid 13s before considering racing the M3 Converitable. However, don't try to pick on a coupe version. The 0-60 is around 4.7 seconds and the 1/4 mile is in the low 13s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should have a 3inch exhaust along with a few other things in a month or two. . . . :twisted:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Re: M3 Vehicle Performance Specs

hemidakota said:
For the 02 M3 Conver.

(04/02 tested)
ENGINE: 3.2ltr I-6
COST: 57,220
TRANNY: 6-speed M
RWD
HP RATED: 333
0-60: 5.0 seconds
1/4 Mile: 13.6/103.18MPH

Reference: Motor Trend

Maybe want to add a 300.00 mod (3-inch piping mod) to bring the car into the mid 13s before considering racing the M3 Converitable. However, don't try to pick on a coupe version. The 0-60 is around 4.7 seconds and the 1/4 mile is in the low 13s.
"Current (and recent) M3 verts run HIGH 13's to mid 14's. And to 60 in 5.4 to 5.7."<---That is the average for 98-03. Some are a little faster or slower.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
Xerxes
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing
Top