Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, thanks for looking..

My car is a 2005 SRT-4

my mods are:

2.5" catless DP
2.5" Magnaflow DP back exhaust
Kinetic WGA
AEM CAI

I dyno'd at 238 WHP with a 9.8:1 - 10.0:1 AFR... any idea why i would be running so rich?

Also, my car keeps falling then spiking the whole way... have a look at my dyno sheet:

If some of you guys could give me advice, solutions or a reason why my cars doing this, i would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
are u stage 0 or stage 1? how much are u boosting??

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
ok well ur baiscally on stock boost levels thats why ur air fuels are so rich... out cars stock run very rich... like me im stage 1 with an agp wga turbo back 3" exhaust spikin 17 maybe 18 dropin to like 14 and my air fuel ratio are at around 10.7-11.2 by redline...

·
Banned
862 Posts
i know one thing you have some major ost leaks with your dyno going all crazy and spastic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blue04intracy said:
i know one thing you have some major ost leaks with your dyno going all crazy and spastic
*boost leaks?

about 2 months ago i was driving and boosting at about 5 PSI and i through a code... it was ''Major boost leak" the car bogged for a sec but then it was fine... i erased the code, it hasn't come back and i haven't thought anything of it..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what do you guys recommend i do for the running rich? is there any way i can do tuning without buying a stage 1? would buying a stage 1 help in giving it a more accurate tune?

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
If you are running that rich on stage 0 bring up the boost a couple of pounds on the WGA and see if it leans it out a little. If not you need to either get a mapclamp or some sort of fuel control like a Dtec or SAFCII

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
barreled4ever said:
boost leak does NOT make u run rich...it would make you run LEAN
humm boost leaks made me run rich compared to when i didn't have a boost leak. but i have a non-stock set-up.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
barreled4ever said:
boost leak does NOT make u run rich...it would make you run LEAN
if u have a boost leak arent u gettin less air??? leavin u with more gas?? makin u rich....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If i have a boost leak then why is my boost holding at 15-16 PSI?

It stays right between 15-16 from when i floor it to redline

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
blue04intracy said:
I'm thinkin more along the lines of plugs/wires in this case

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
Turbocruiser13 said:
blue04intracy said:
I'm thinkin more along the lines of plugs/wires in this case
i would also check for bad gas. because the dyno graph looks like he is detonting all the way to redline.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I'd like to see more complete information about the dyno and the actual runs. Those pics don't really tell much of anything other than a possible lack of smoothing.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Elrod said:
If i have a boost leak then why is my boost holding at 15-16 PSI?

It stays right between 15-16 from when i floor it to redline
when i had my HKS it got stuck open so it was leakin and i was still boosting 16psi which was normal for me back then i noticed cause of the power loss that i felt...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts