Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just broke my new srt-4 in so I raced my friend with an evo, he smoked me.
Anyone have some advice on launching strategy? Good performance upgrades?
I don’t like losing.

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
superflysrt said:
I just broke my new srt-4 in so I raced my friend with an evo, he smoked me.
Anyone have some advice on launching strategy? Good performance upgrades?
I don’t like losing.
race him from a roll.. get motor mounts to eliminate wheel hop. agp wastegate, mbc and stage 1

·
Registered
7,882 Posts
Motor Mounts alone aren't going to eliminate wheel hop, you are going to have to lower that front end to get rid of MOST of it. Then yeah, MBC, S1, and wastegate should do the job.. Or just race him from a roll..

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Agreed, if you raced the guy from a dead stop, you'll lose. You may start catching up after you hit 4th gear. Race him from a roll (10mph or 30mph or 60-65) and you should (should, not 100%) win.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The-Violator said:
Indeed, but one good thing is it's a lot less strain on the car.. :jester:
Yea but anyone can race from a roll. The skill is launching, your first gear is the most important gear in a race. I don't care how fast your car is, if you can't lauch you will loose to a bicycle. (not really just saying)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try slipping out the clutch to eliminate traction problems. Don't let off the gas but feather the clutch. Its messes the clutch up a little but helps to keep the power to the floor. This is how I use to pull 1.7 60 ft in my civic.

·
Registered
376 Posts
well u can loose to a bicycle im sure :-D we raced my friends honda hatchback in a 3 wheeler, no lie this thing only goes 20 down a street that is about 150 feet .. and the 3 wheeler won, but it was a honda 3 wheeler so i guess no victory to claim LOL ^^

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
strap some slicks on it and go at it again.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Roo said:
Racing from a roll is so fucking gay.
There is a reason why certain people race from only a roll, and my reason is not because my car is FWD.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Roo said:
Yea but anyone can race from a roll. The skill is launching, your first gear is the most important gear in a race. I don't care how fast your car is, if you can't lauch you will loose to a bicycle. (not really just saying)
Then it's a drivers race. A race from a roll is a race between the cars, a race from a stop is a race between the drivers. I prefer roll races because all things aside, it's the most accurate measure of who's car really is the faster one. :readclose

·
Registered
799 Posts
roo u got to remember the euo is got 41 more hp than us listed plus they got a lower transaxel gear than we do.so we need a little help so i see nothing wrong going from a roll it kinda evens things up a bit. i no the euo is a little heaver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Having the faster car is important. But being the better driver is even better. I would feel great if i beet him with skill and having to over come his traction advantage.

·
Registered
310 Posts
superflysrt said:
Having the faster car is important. But being the better driver is even better. I would feel great if i beet him with skill and having to over come his traction advantage.
your gonna have to do alot to your car to beat him from a stop if he is a good driver! they hit low 13's ! you need a lot

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have way more respect for someone who can beat a car that has 41 more HP because they can drive there car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts