Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have been looking at the cool ram intake and well i have to say it looks really gud using the stock airbox, i mean the intake is attatched to the box and it acts sorta like a C.A.I because like the aem cold air intake it gets the air from like the fender and thats where it kinda is. so wat do you guys think i shud get..... aem short ram/CAI, or this http://www.hahnracecraft.com/ProjectVehicles/SRT-4Intake.htm

:rofl:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Some people will agree and some won't....When it comes to srt4 parts I always buy the best stuff you can find..But when it comes to intakes they are all the same...Ok maybe one will give you 2hp more...But when the hell will you feel that...So go ebay and get yourself a CAI...Ive had mine and love it..Spent like $75 on it and it came with all hardware and perfect fitment... Save some extra money and spend it on something important like a wideband.

Thats my 2cents...

·
Banned
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O btw

Do you know what is like the best way to reach 275-300ish w/stock turbo and internals

thinking bout some type of intake they all r gud, custom exhaust(turboback one massive apexi N1 exhaust),b&b downpipe,Greddy type-s,stage 2 cutch, any pulley kits, possibly agp intercooler.

lol i ran out of ideas..... can anyone help me.....i also want to keep it emissions legal damn OBDII lol:stab:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Do you know what is like the best way to reach 275-300ish w/stock turbo and internals

thinking bout some type of intake they all r gud, custom exhaust(turboback one massive apexi N1 exhaust),b&b downpipe,Greddy type-s,stage 2 cutch, any pulley kits, possibly agp intercooler.

lol i ran out of ideas..... can anyone help me.....i also want to keep it emissions legal damn OBDII lol:stab:
if your looking to reach the 275/300hp mark a good start would be stage 1 computer, 750 injectors with return line, map clamp, wideband, 3inch turboback exhaust, agp wga, 60mm tb and a dtec. then some fine tuning and you should be golden....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
torque222 said:

if your looking to reach the 275/300hp mark a good start would be stage 1 computer, 750 injectors with return line, map clamp, wideband, 3inch turboback exhaust, agp wga, 60mm tb and a dtec. then some fine tuning and you should be golden....:thumbsup:
what the hell do you need 750 injectors and a return line on stock turbo ....the stock injectors with a return line would be more then enough for that weensy turbo ....750s are bigger then stage 2 injectors which can supply enough fuel for a bigger turbo(stage 3) with no return line....

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
torque222 said:

what the hell do you need 750 injectors and a return line on stock turbo ....the stock injectors with a return line would be more then enough for that weensy turbo ....750s are bigger then stage 2 injectors which can supply enough fuel for a bigger turbo(stage 3) with no return line....
the 750's and return line is for the future cause you know as well as i do after he hits 300hp he is gonna want more...it's better to look ahead, and the average person usually goes from 300hp (stock turbo) to a 50 trim...and stage2 injectors won't cut it unless you are gonna run 12psi on the 50 trim...there is a local guy with the same exact setup i posted above and he is at about 285hp and still has room for tuning, redline a/f is still at 10.8...

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
torque222 said:
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
torque222 said:

the 750's and return line is for the future cause you know as well as i do after he hits 300hp he is gonna want more...it's better to look ahead, and the average person usually goes from 300hp (stock turbo) to a 50 trim...and stage2 injectors won't cut it unless you are gonna run 12psi on the 50 trim...there is a local guy with the same exact setup i posted above and he is at about 285hp and still has room for tuning, redline a/f is still at 10.8...
your an idiot im sorry... 750s on the stock turbo return line or not is absoulte overkill... good luck leaning it out enough in boost without pulling some serious map voltage which is gonna send your timing through the roof and cause Knock.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
the stage 2 injectors can support a 50trim with return line i swear reading about someone who did this i think some 650 would be better in this instance...but still overkill he can keep what he has now and get to his current goal...then if he wants 50 trim he buys the 650s

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
distinctdev said:
torque222 said:
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
torque222 said:

your an idiot im sorry... 750s on the stock turbo return line or not is absoulte overkill... good luck leaning it out enough in boost without pulling some serious map voltage which is gonna send your timing through the roof and cause Knock.
your right, it is overkill but it will work, like i posted above, a local guy is running that setup and at redline his a/f is 10.8, still a bit rich but it is still working just fine, no timing issues and no knock..and the original poster asked for possible routes to obtain 275hp+, and all though overkill, what i posted will get him to that point. and by no means is it a cheap way either..he asked for an idea so i gave him one, now why don't you tell him which route would be the best for him, and add alittle helpful info so he can get a good idea of what to do and what not to do. after all he is looking for some ideas from everyone....

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
torque222 said:
distinctdev said:
torque222 said:
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
torque222 said:

your right, it is overkill but it will work, like i posted above, a local guy is running that setup and at redline his a/f is 10.8, still a bit rich but it is still working just fine, no timing issues and no knock..and the original poster asked for possible routes to obtain 275hp+, and all though overkill, what i posted will get him to that point. and by no means is it a cheap way either..he asked for an idea so i gave him one, now why don't you tell him which route would be the best for him, and add alittle helpful info so he can get a good idea of what to do and what not to do. after all he is looking for some ideas from everyone....
hey but you can take that formula minus the injectors and accomplish the same dam thing ....his goal was 275-300 so take that entire modlist you gave him minus the injectors....and its actually better ....then when he wants 50trim he can upgrade the injectors...if i had it all to do over again....75 wetshot with return line and supporting mods...

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
torque222 said:
distinctdev said:
torque222 said:
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
torque222 said:

hey but you can take that formula minus the injectors and accomplish the same dam thing ....his goal was 275-300 so take that entire modlist you gave him minus the injectors....and its actually better ....then when he wants 50trim he can upgrade the injectors...if i had it all to do over again....75 wetshot with return line and supporting mods...
of course that will work, and yes a 75 shot with supporting mods is a easy and effective way to go fast...

·
Banned
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
torque222 said:
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
torque222 said:
distinctdev said:
torque222 said:
BLKDOUTSRT4 said:
torque222 said:

of course that will work, and yes a 75 shot with supporting mods is a easy and effective way to go fast...

hmmmm.. well thanks guys i now have a good idea of wat to do and wat not to do

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
torque222 said:

:ftard::ftard: are you retarded? 750's on a stock turbo??? your gonna drowned you car in gas much like your city \
katrina fuel mods FTL

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
getnpsi said:
Damn you need 750cc injectors and a piggyback to make 275hp? fuck i just sold mine. ill never hit 275 now :(
you didnt know that??? thats the katrina fuel mod. you just flood the shit out of it w/ fuel :readclose

i think there is a how to on it somewhere...

·
Banned
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
btw is this true?
Is a bigger FMIC needed?

I havent tuned a 300whp without one, but I would say no. Add some W/I in the mix, and that should get it done. It may take a bit more tuning also. You can also expect a faster decline in power when racing numerous times

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
btw is this true?
Is a bigger FMIC needed?

I havent tuned a 300whp without one, but I would say no. Add some W/I in the mix, and that should get it done. It may take a bit more tuning also. You can also expect a faster decline in power when racing numerous times
actually i was wondering how effective a co2 external sprayer on stock fmic....that co2 gets pretty cold and we know the stock intercooler is no slouch in the flow department

1 - 20 of 20 Posts