Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up im new here. Im 16 years old and i have 20k to spend. I want the new 05 srt-4 in orange. But i hear there is alot of bad things about the srt. like trany problems and that stuff. is that true also is the car really any good?

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
The SRT-4 is awsome, tranny is rock solid, and so is the engine... some parts of the interior could use some work, but that can be expected of this type of car...

it owns most of the cars on the road, and is way to fast for a first car......

·
Registered
487 Posts
have fun finding insurance at your age

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
please someone direct him towards the 500 other 16 year olds wanting an srt4 for a first car. please get something cheap and slow to learn and abuse on. i like having a rare car but not from the many of totalled cars due to a young driver in a fast car. please it might seem like were a bunch of dicks or don't want you to have the car you want. we really just don't want to see young people hurt and secondly don't want to see the srt4 hurt as well. so go beat up on a 5k first gen rt. and learn to run and tinker with it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Let's get one thing straight, the SRT IS NOT A RACE CAR, it is not too fast for a first car and it is actually easy to handle. For instance my first car is my 1965 Big Block Plymouth, i haven't wrecked it yet, and compared to my car, all of my friends SRT's are really easy to handle, if you wreck your a dipshit.

·
Registered
596 Posts
go look up a old road and track mag,,tells the story on how the srt motor and trans are made..all most bullet proof.. do a search on here, maybe youll find it

·
Registered
897 Posts
its funny how the srt is not a rare car. I have seen a total of 3 since i bought mine, and one of those was at a dealer, i guess that all depends on where you live, because i am sure somewhere a ferrari is not a rare car, but if you have on here, you might want to cover it up, cause i will be drooling all over it. and as for the big block plymouth, have you raced an srt yet, i will put 20 bucks on the srt-4.

·
Registered
16,898 Posts
belvedere383 said:
Let's get one thing straight, the SRT IS NOT A RACE CAR, it is not too fast for a first car and it is actually easy to handle. For instance my first car is my 1965 Big Block Plymouth, i haven't wrecked it yet, and compared to my car, all of my friends SRT's are really easy to handle, if you wreck your a dipshit.

the damn thing screams race car........... what are you talking about...

Do you think they designed it to commute...... no, they designed it to whoop up on every other sport compact car on the road..... now your straight

and the srt-4 is easy to handle compared to your boat of course... but we werent talking about handling here... Its the power that will tempt a younger driver. Like the kind that find themselves out on a friday night with the car packed with friends and they get the bug to show them what it can do... and it does it well, they lose control and all get cut in half...... ( happened to kids at my high school back in the day in a integra Type R

·
Registered
371 Posts
my thing with the srt is torque steer. If it not be for my many years of driving custom and race cars/trucks...that damn torque steer would put me right into another car real quick. light those tires in second and she pulls hard sometimes. With a brand new driver thats trouble.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hey come on now... I got my SRT-4 when I was 16... And I must say, It most def. Is a Race Car... It might be just a little too fast for a first car, If you do get it, plz be careful like me... I hardley ever race, And if I do I make sure it is in an appropriate ( how ever you spell it) place. Just be careful and most of all SMART.
:EDIT: BTW my insurance is only $175 a month with State Farm, and Im only 17.

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
gurantee if he gets the srt it will be trashed in about a month.....and another srt will be destroyed....

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm selling my plymouth acclaim.... runs great....

mods: uhh...oil change (synthetic)
vented valve cover
drilled and slotted brake lines (kevlar)
Viper Comp. Coupe. rear end with locked differential

many more...

making over 350tq and 413 hp

·
Registered
89 Posts
Race Me

Hey Yellowsrt, you bring your SRT-4 to VA, i'll put $1000, that my "Boat" will whoop your ass to high hell, from anywhere, a stop a roll, it doesn't matter cause, all of you talk so much shit, and it's getting annoying. And for your info, my roomate has an SRT, and i can leave him with 4 car links to play with, and my other friend has a red 04 with stg 1, and i can easily walk him 2 cars, and i can keep pulling way past 100 mph.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Belvedere,
Your '65 Plymouth sounds like a really nice ride. Looks like you've got a nice, strong build on that 383. My first love in cars has always been musclecars from the 60's. My favorite that I owned was a '69 Chevelle SS 396 that I had when I was 17 (41 now). I'm sure that Plymouth runs great in the quarter, but if it's like most musclecars I've driven or ridden in, I bet an SRT-4 would be much better on a road coarse. I'm sure my SRT-4 would eat up my Grand National on a road track, but at the strip, the GN would kill it.

Back on topic, I agree with everyone that the SRT-4 may not be the best car for a young person's first car. Insurance is obviously an issue, as is inexperience in driving situations. I'm sure there are many 16 year olds who are responsible and mature enough to handle it, but then again, there are many who couldn't resist running it hard at the wrong place/time.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
belvedere383 said:
Hey Yellowsrt, you bring your SRT-4 to VA, i'll put $1000, that my "Boat" will whoop your ass to high hell, from anywhere, a stop a roll, it doesn't matter cause, all of you talk so much shit, and it's getting annoying. And for your info, my roomate has an SRT, and i can leave him with 4 car links to play with, and my other friend has a red 04 with stg 1, and i can easily walk him 2 cars, and i can keep pulling way past 100 mph.

i'm sorry all i heard was.... :crying: :crying: :crybaby: :crybaby: this an srt forum. do exspect us not to be totally in luv with ours car. if ur boat is so bad you should time a run from 0-100-0 and let me know how that works out for you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.