Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Got a call today about 530pm Central from a lady who Identified herself as a representative of PVO Diamyler chrysler department asking weird questions on driving over 65mph and my sunroof??? SHe said it was to make all future cars better so as much info would be appreciated! I just said that the sun roof needs to be realy looked at cuz i don't have it open over speeds of 55mph. It has fallen off the track twice if i go over 65mph.

·
Banned
3,306 Posts
"Hi, this is GE, we see you have bought one of our refridgarator devices."
"Yes, I did."
"Well mam, im calling to see if its running."
"Yes, the device is running."
"Well damn bitch, better go catch it!"

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah thats what i thought too but she had all my maintenence records??? Cuz she was like on Aug you came in for a sunroof fix and in sept you came in for a sun roof fix. She really didnt' ask question about racing just about driving over 65mph with the sunroof open.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Are you taling about it being closed, and then popping open after 65mph? Hell I do 90+mph with the sunroof open, No problems.......yet

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
I Got a call today about 530pm Central from a lady who Identified herself as a representative of PVO Diamyler chrysler department asking weird questions on driving over 65mph and my sunroof??? SHe said it was to make all future cars better so as much info would be appreciated! I just said that the sun roof needs to be realy looked at cuz i don't have it open over speeds of 55mph. It has fallen off the track twice if i go over 65mph.
Me too buddy...last night, same questions.
I told her mine has been in twice and the sunroof's a piece of dog shit.
Once it got stuck int he open position while going 150+ (not smart, i know)
They replaced it, broke again, this time no reason at all...now it's still a little off, one side dips in too much when fully closed.

·
Registered
797 Posts
i have had no problems with sun roof even at speeds of 80 mph.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
No, you see, the sunroof design has issues with airflow over 130-140:) Which is the source of the "warranty = void" comments.

The problem with that guys, is that it's perfectly legal to travel at whatever damn speed you want to on private land. I don't recall my warrnaty statement having any disclaimer that if I broke speed limits, it was void. Hmm, did that one state ever do away with the "reasonable and prudent" limit?

Now if the car was limited to 120, and it was known that sunroofs didn't fail til 140, THEN they would have a case.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Yet I (nor anyone that has reported it) never got a call about my freaking TPS issues. I don't get it, 4B.

Be funny to see how many lies they are being told:) How many are reporting this as happening below 120:)

·
Banned
969 Posts
sunroofs are junk... Im glad it wasnt an option in '03. My '98 Neon Sport had problems with its sunroof on many occasions, dealer fixed it twice and then the warranty was over on it and they wanted 600 buck to put a new one in. I would reccomend to new buyers to nix the sunroof option, as it isnt worth the hastle for a little bit o sun.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Thats funny that newer models are having an issue.. my 2000 plymouth has seen speeds over 130 mph with the sunroof open, closed, cracked open with no issues what soo ever. I did get a little creaking from time to time but I found cleaning the tracks and making sure the bolts to the glass were tight. the chassis of the car has over 110,000 miles on it..

Maybe they just made plymouth's better then dodges hehe

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Or maybe plymouths speedos lie better:) And I tossed 130 out to be conservative, most cases have been 140+

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.