Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,859 Posts
Used car prices are up 13% from last year take that into consideration.
SRT-4s are even higher. A year ago you could generally find 10 to 12 SRT4's under 6k on autotrader/cargurus/etc.

In the last few months there hasn't been really anything under 10k.

I even checked nationwide craigstlist and didn't find anything under 5k last week.

I wouldn't want that black one. Too rough. You are going to have to travel for the right one. All the local Neon SRT's for sale around here are very rough when they do pop up. Most of them in general are in bad shape and have had multiple owners. Oh and they continue to get wrecked and parted out. So very slim pickings!
I'm wondering if we've reached the point where all the "honda boi" SRT-4s (buy em dirt cheap and rod the hell out of them, wreck/blown up) are gone, and we are going to only see the ones taken care of from here on out.

The prices going up has me torn. Owning a mint SRT-4, I start thinking crazy that maybe they will become collectible... but wanting to buy one for my son in a couple years has me thinking "Oh SHXX why didn't I buy another one earlier?"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
SRT-4s are even higher. A year ago you could generally find 10 to 12 SRT4's under 6k on autotrader/cargurus/etc.

In the last few months there hasn't been really anything under 10k.

I even checked nationwide craigstlist and didn't find anything under 5k last week.

I'm wondering if we've reached the point where all the "honda boi" SRT-4s (buy em dirt cheap and rod the hell out of them, wreck/blown up) are gone, and we are going to only see the ones taken care of from here on out.

The prices going up has me torn. Owning a mint SRT-4, I start thinking crazy that maybe they will become collectible... but wanting to buy one for my son in a couple years has me thinking "Oh SHXX why didn't I buy another one earlier?"
Exactly, I remember seeing them for about $4K a few years ago with only 120K miles. Now, those same ones can be sold for $7K and sell within a week.

·
Registered
Original Owner '05 SRT-4 S2 Toys
293 Posts
I had mine appraised several years ago and was told that it was at the bottom of the depreciation curve and that, since I have always used Mopar parts, the value would start to appreciate. Not that my car will be for sale any time soon, but value appreciation is good to know.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I had mine appraised several years ago and was told that it was at the bottom of the depreciation curve and that, since I have always used Mopar parts, the value would start to appreciate. Not that my car will be for sale any time soon, but value appreciation is good to know.
Yes, the Mopar parts fit well and seem to last forever.
Mopar actually tests all their parts unlike many aftermarket Chinese companies.
Not selling mine anytime soo either - only 127K and nothing else even close to my liking.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.