Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's a list of the things a have to have the service dept. to fix.

Temp Guage - needle stays below 140 even after extended drive

Rough Idle - maybe a feature but I just need the input of the service dept.

Rightward Drift - it was kinda bad before. after setting all tires to 32psi, the problem seem to have gottem a bit better. It also feels like it needs wheel balance.

Fogging Lights - after spraying/washing the front lights, both head lights and both fog lights were fogging inside them like some water got in

Emergency Brake - Sometimes, when I pull the EB, it seems to get stuck on something. I could see the handle being pushed to the right, pops, then continues up as I pull it upward.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,203 Posts
Re: Gone Wild

SilverBullet said:
Okay, here's a list of the things a have to have the service dept. to fix.

Temp Guage - needle stays below 140 even after extended drive

Rough Idle - maybe a feature but I just need the input of the service dept.

Rightward Drift - it was kinda bad before. after setting all tires to 32psi, the problem seem to have gottem a bit better. It also feels like it needs wheel balance.

Fogging Lights - after spraying/washing the front lights, both head lights and both fog lights were fogging inside them like some water got in
Turbo will usually run around 200-210 degrees

Rough Idle is a major problem. Also, it smells rich when starting the car. Not a good sign of fine tuning.

Tires set to normal 38psi for a 40psi tire. Signs of drifting is still there. Maybe a torque factor.

Fogging of lights: have them sealed the bleed holes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,971 Posts
Fog lights are on backorder right now. Might be a little while until the new part comes in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Gone Wild

UPDATE:

Temp Guage - needle stays below 140 even after extended drive

After taking blood samples and checking my SRT-4's pulse, nice tech says the whole cluster is malfunctioning. It needs to be replaced. They will replace the whole cluster next week. PCM, sensors, etc are functioning well as they meant to be.

Rough Idle - maybe a feature but I just need the input of the service dept.

Tech says that it's consider normal on the 2.4L turbo with the low compression. I'm taking his words.

Rightward Drift - it was kinda bad before. after setting all tires to 32psi, the problem seem to have gottem a bit better. It also feels like it needs wheel balance.

This will be checked next week.

Fogging Lights - after spraying/washing the front lights, both head lights and both fog lights were fogging inside them like some water got in

Both head lamps and both fog lights will be replaced. Parts in order. These four items will be installed next week.

Emergency Brake - Sometimes, when I pull the EB, it seems to get stuck on something. I could see the handle being pushed to the right, pops, then continues up as I pull it upward.

This will be checked next week as well.

Oh yeah. My car was surrounded by number of techs during the check-up. Some dip into the hood, others onder the car, and others inside. They all have the "wow" and "where did he get this?" looks. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,203 Posts
Re: Gone Wild

SilverBullet said:
UPDATE:

Temp Guage - needle stays below 140 even after extended drive

After taking blood samples and checking my SRT-4's pulse, nice tech says the whole cluster is malfunctioning. It needs to be replaced. They will replace the whole cluster next week. PCM, sensors, etc are functioning well as they meant to be.

Rough Idle - maybe a feature but I just need the input of the service dept.

Tech says that it's consider normal on the 2.4L turbo with the low compression. I'm taking his words.

Rightward Drift - it was kinda bad before. after setting all tires to 32psi, the problem seem to have gottem a bit better. It also feels like it needs wheel balance.

This will be checked next week.

Fogging Lights - after spraying/washing the front lights, both head lights and both fog lights were fogging inside them like some water got in

Both head lamps and both fog lights will be replaced. Parts in order. These four items will be installed next week.

Emergency Brake - Sometimes, when I pull the EB, it seems to get stuck on something. I could see the handle being pushed to the right, pops, then continues up as I pull it upward.

This will be checked next week as well.

Oh yeah. My car was surrounded by number of techs during the check-up. Some dip into the hood, others onder the car, and others inside. They all have the "wow" and "where did he get this?" looks. 8)
With the rough idle, I had looked at this issue with some folks who get the ECU codes from Dodge, it maybe mapping problems but they said, this is normal from Dodge.

You can see this the same problem with the Hemi engines, 5.7, 4.7, 3.7, also have the same problem. ROUGH IDLE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, hemidakota.

I was wondering, if it's a possible mapping problem, are there any signs to attempt to fix it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just dropped my car this morning. They gave me an '01 Stratus. What a difference!!! The ride is soft and slow :evil: (at least for me). I just watch people cut in and out in front of me while I drive like my mom thinking "So that's how it looks like back here when I do that kinda crazy driving.". I just laugh. :wink:

Anyway, the sevice is sending the cluster for repair/replacement. Fogs and Lamps will be installed. Alignment and wheel balance will be checked. I also asked them to remove wrap/protective resedue on parts of the body. Emergency brake seems to be fine right now.

BTW, at 2000+ miles, the shifts seem to be a whole lot smoother.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just called and they said that, they replaced both headlamps and both fog lights already. They also did wheel rotation and wheel balance.

Thye took the cluster out and sent it out Monday. They said it might be in next week. WHAT???!!! The job itself is probably 30 mins job. then there's that overnight service. Sheeesh! Why so long! :evil: :x :evil: :x Is this BS to you???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,731 Posts
I was hoping to hear more about the parking brake because mine seems to do the same thing. It's only a week old, so hopefully it will go away like yours. Sometimes when I pull it, it feels like it's stuck. I hope you get your car back soon, keep us posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A week before I brought my car in, the problem seemed to have disappeared. and I told them that. BUT I talked to them 2 days ago and told them to still check it. I expect some logical findings.

PS. Crap! I may have to reschedule my dyno trip this Sat. Poop! :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,854 Posts
Hmmm....

Is it normal for a brand new car too have this many problems, The way things are sounding I don't know if I even want to buy the SRT-4 anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
SilverBullet said:
Just dropped my car this morning. They gave me an '01 Stratus. What a difference!!! The ride is soft and slow :evil: (at least for me). I just watch people cut in and out in front of me while I drive like my mom thinking "So that's how it looks like back here when I do that kinda crazy driving.". I just laugh. :wink:
Dont complain....they could have given you a sponge/slug on wheels....aka PT Cruiser
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far, it's not as rough but I still asked about it. Tech said it's normal. Now, I have not been on other 2.4Lturbo to compare. I will ask again for more technical explanation when I have a chance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Hmmm....

turbo4life said:
Is it normal for a brand new car too have this many problems, The way things are sounding I don't know if I even want to buy the SRT-4 anymore.
Of course you don't have to buy the car. IMO, the SRT-4 is rather crude BUT solid. Any of the issues I mentioned above scare me that I bought the car? Nope. In fact, I may even get another SRT-4 not too long from now. Probably not silver though. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Or the STi...or...the MSP (guessing that internals may need some attention when start modding....i don't know.)
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I think the rough idle is a chrysler problem all together, probably one of the downsides of not using mass air on most cars?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,578 Posts
wow, a few people have problems and now people wont buy the car? ALL makes will have cars with problems. thats the way mechanical shit is.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top