Dodge SRT Forum banner

GOES INTO GEAR OFF BUT NOT ON

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  AlmightyFork 
#1 ·
hello srt community! i have an 03 srt4 that im
having a problem with allowing me not able to drive it.. when it’s off it goes into all gears fine, when it’s on it doesn’t want to engage into gear and the clutch pedal vibrates when pressed in, also a squeaking noise comes from the clutch fork area when pressing the clutch pedal in. it doesn’t chatter any more like it did before, yes it does have an ACT clutch kit with the upgraded fork and chrome pivot ball. i already replaced the master cylinder and slave thinking it would be one of those and it’s still not going into gear.. don’t know if i should just buy a throw out bearing that people say shit the bed, or should i just get the whole clutch kit and fork again..? need input thanks guys

#2 ·
To test if the clutch disc is engaging and releasing:
1. key on/ engine off/ e-brake off
2. place transmission in first gear (any gear is ok)
3. release clutch pedal
4. confirm that car cannot be pushed
5. depress clutch pedal and hold it down
6. confirm that car can be pushed (may need a 2nd person to help push for this step)

This should confirm that the mechanical and hydraulic parts of the clutch are working.

#3 ·
3. release clutch pedal
6. confirm that car can be pushed (may need a 2nd person to help push for this step)

This should confirm that the mechanical and hydraulic parts of the clutch are working.
3. release clutch pedal

and if all of this happens accordingly, what should i suspect is the culprit ?

#6 ·
i already did the pedal and shifter cables adjustment, today i jacked the car up to inspect.. when i turned the car on the wheels started to spin and once i engaged the clutch it actually went into gear and the wheels stopped, but once on the ground it wouldn’t engage.. squeaking noise coming from my clutch fork so i’m suspecting it’s a clutch/bearing problem

#14 ·
thanks a mill bro, buddy of mine (shout out Jose with the orange pumpkin 🧡🧡) blessed me with a clutch kit that only needed the flywheel resurfaced and i just ordered a new fork and TOB to do it all while the tranny is out and down 🙏🏻🙏🏻

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.