Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I think it’s a timing issue cause the car has no timing cover but here the actual problem the car is very hard to start, it cranks for like half a minute, when started the idle kinda seemed rough, also I have a bad exhaust leak right where the turbo attaches to the hot side of the turbo, this is an aftermarket turbo, on start its sounds pretty rough but it is a straight pipe, no codes on tuner, after a short drive car got too hot and I pulled over cause it didn’t feel quite right, and my manifold was glowing red. When driving it sticks at 2k rpm then breaks through and jumps to power. Timing, maybe, not experienced.

· Registered
816 Posts
My first concern was a feedback loop causing high turbo temps. Logging your MAP will help eliminate that.

Lean AFR seems like a plausible culprit.

I'd also consider a plugged oil feed.

The one thing that kinda tears this all apart is the 2k Rev limit. Seal up all those leaks and update us with symptoms. Double check your scan tool for cels. Remember, it may take 50 miles of driving for them to appear again after reset.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My first concern was a feedback loop causing high turbo temps. Logging your MAP will help eliminate that.

Lean AFR seems like a plausible culprit.

I'd also consider a plugged oil feed.

The one thing that kinda tears this all apart is the 2k Rev limit. Seal up all those leaks and update us with symptoms. Double check your scan tool for cels. Remember, it may take 50 miles of driving for them to appear again after reset.
Ok apparently it doesn’t have an o2 sensor which I didn’t know but that just doesn’t make sense to me cause of what’s happening now it was running fine before the clutch replacement and now it’s just not working I’m gonna take it to a shop to fix my electrical cause idk anything abt that stuff I only know how my engine works mechanically,

· Registered
5,208 Posts
To complete the emissions cycle you have to drive between 1200 and 1900 rpm for a brief distance, above 20MPH and below 55MPH to get the computer to finish all the diagnostics.

Ignore this, I responded to the wrong thread :D

· Registered
816 Posts
To complete the emissions cycle you have to drive between 1200 and 1900 rpm for a brief distance, above 20MPH and below 55MPH to get the computer to finish all the diagnostics.
If this information was complete, I would see this as being a boon to resets. However, as general as it is, my advice would be to go drive around town for 30 minutes. Avoid the freeway. :D

· Registered
5,208 Posts
If this information was complete, I would see this as being a boon to resets. However, as general as it is, my advice would be to go drive around town for 30 minutes. Avoid the freeway. :D
lol I had multiple tabs open and responded to the wrong thread. Whoops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts