Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the grills and sanded them one side. I repainted with a silver can...nice and smooth and no shiny metal no mo'

TOOLS: read this thing i wrote before "efforting" it. Inside the spew i wrote, you'll find out what tools you can use :)

to remove the top nostrils easier,
jus remove the bumper :D or what i did was remove the top three screws (where the bumper cover meets the metal frame up top...also where you would open the hood - latch).

You'll notice that the nostils have 2 plastic screws each holding them up. I used a hammer to pop them off - carefully!

Jiggle it around a few times. Try to push and pry the nostril towrds the radiator. You'll notice the nostrils on the bottom of each is double side taped or something. I used an exacto knife and pressed it along the edge and cut the sticky substance off (warning: do this carfully or YOU WILL cut and slice you bumper cover).
Keep jiggling it back / forth and press back into radiator. It should be completely loose...Grab one of the ends of the nostril and press it in as you pull the nostril out of the nostril opening.

It should be out :D

Take grill and establish on where you would like it settled on the back of the nostril.

Draw an outline on how the grill will finally rest / CUT THE REST OF THE GRILL OFF AND THOW OUT - make sure your cuts are clean and not jagged (to prevent any future cuts from a jagged grill).
Once you do that, make little marks on the nostril with a pen so you know where you can drill a hole.

Take the smallest drill bit and drill about four holes (no more than a quarter of an each deep) on the back of the nostril
(2 to the left / 2 to the right - one up top/ one on the bottom)- carefully cause you AINT got much space...ohhh and drill slow and straight, cause you might pierce the nostril thru the sides :eek:

Use some pathetically small screws you can find
and screw them in the nostil to hold the grill in place. (the screws dont have to match either - you cant see them once its on the car)

ViolA! The grill wont fall off now cause its screwed in place :D

sorry if i rambled away but this is truly easy to do...good thing is you can take it home and finish it there

I also ran out of memory on the digi to take some more pics of the nostrils and of the car with them on :(

laterz,
-J

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PSI Chick said:
nice! but now do the black pieces pop back on and stay there? or do you have to re-tape them back on?
i didnt solve that part but i really believe you jus gotta remove the bumper off to retape which i didnt. I just popped it back in place and didnt retape it. Its holding good. If u are really anal about it you can feel the bottom being very veryslightly loose BUT wont come off due to the top 2 plastic screw pegs holding it up.

Believe me its not noticable and very cold out :D
The grills will not fall off either. Gotta remember when u put them back in place, its supposed to wrap around the bumper cover -whcih also holds it in place

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
I made my own grill for free, and its black and very high grade aluminam its better then spending 60 bucks plus shipping IMO

I had this aluminam laying around my house...cut it out to specs and painted it black and it turned out great IMO

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
turboshelby said:
i barley tried but cant do it cause im a dumb ass. i gotta take the whole bumper off and ive never done it so i have no clue
when we meet, i'll show you ;)

·
Registered
911 Posts
is there a way to get the grill in the front of the nostrols instead of the back?

i currently have mine set up that way, but i saw on the customcargrills website an srt had the silver grill..top and bottom...and it looked like the top was in front of the black nostrol

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
someone did do that. i think they popped off the black pieces and glued on the mesh and then put it back. i'm not 100% sure though, maybe they'll post on it....

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pics

AlbanySRT said:
is there a way to get the grill in the front of the nostrols instead of the back?

i currently have mine set up that way, but i saw on the customcargrills website an srt had the silver grill..top and bottom...and it looked like the top was in front of the black nostrol
funny you mentioned that...not a knock on custom car grills but when i did the group buy thing, i was assuming that the top pieces i was gonna get was to cover the front of the nostrils instead of the back. You'll need a bigger sheet and a diff approach on a how too but its rather easy and i already know how i would do it :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts