Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the optional harness to be able to show a wideband on the e-01 but I am unsure on how to hook it up and what changes need to be done internally on the e-01.

I know some of you guys are using the same wideband as I am (PLX M300) and I'm curious if you've had any luck!

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
502 Posts
silverscooby said:
I've got the optional harness to be able to show a wideband on the e-01 but I am unsure on how to hook it up and what changes need to be done internally on the e-01.

I know some of you guys are using the same wideband as I am (PLX M300) and I'm curious if you've had any luck!

Thanks,
Jim

I have my PLX M-300 on the channel 1 input

On the B-4 Analog input screen...

Name.............Air/Fuel (thats what I named mine)
Unit...............A/R

Vollt............0.00 ~ 5.00
Conversion...9.95 ~ 20.00

Warning........10.0......but it doesnt matter, cant really use it for this.

Thats pretty much it, then go back to the display screen and make sure it reads the same as the PLX display.

·
Registered
502 Posts
silverscooby said:
Thanks eric. So you connected the white wire from the wideband to the white wire on the e-01 external signal harness and that's it as far as connecting wires?

I ask because there are 6 wires on that harness.

Ummm, I dont have the harness, (they were back ordered) so I wouldnt know :rofl:
I just soldered the wire onto the pin :thumbsup:
I did put the resistor in place per PLX's instructions though.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol: Geterrr done!

Ok, here's my problem... I dont have the plx instructions. I bought it used. I'm assuming the resistor is like one I can get at any local electronics store.

Does the resistor need to be wired inbetween the wires for the wideband and the e-01 harness?

Kind of like:

wideband------------(resistor)------------e-01 harness

·
Registered
502 Posts
silverscooby said:
:lol: Geterrr done!

Ok, here's my problem... I dont have the plx instructions. I bought it used. I'm assuming the resistor is like one I can get at any local electronics store.

Does the resistor need to be wired inbetween the wires for the wideband and the e-01 harness?

Kind of like:

wideband------------(resistor)------------e-01 harness

Actually, now that I looked, their calling it a noise capacitor. It goes in between the white wire and the ground wire as close to the e-01 as possible.

You might want to call them on it though, I dont remember if it was a resistor or a capacitor or the value of it.

Here are the instructions.....http://www.plxdevices.com/InstallationInstructions/M-200_250_300PlugPlay_Install.pdf

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
bump, ok this is kinda old so whats the word? I would love some help as my signal harness should be here this week. I want to put it in and have it set up asap!
I don't read anything about a resistor or anything??? Also does anyone know about the other options this thing can read? Where do you hook them up to get the readings?
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.