Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying how much I love my SRT and I love how right off the lot I walked a Camaro Z28.
Here is the situation....A Navy guy down the street is going on a six month cruise in Febuary and will come back next August. He said that when he gets back next year that he will be looking to get fid of his 97TT Targa top Supra. It has like 50K miles and I have known this guy since I was like 7 and I know he takes care of it like a second child.
The car is plain stock.
He said he would sell it for 18K but to me 15K
How could you possibly pass this up?

·
Registered
189 Posts
qwkslvr04 said:
Holy shit. Here's the answer....you can't.
You're kidding right?

a 1997 Supra TT w/ 50k miles is worth $29,000 blue book (thats a 7 year old car) compared to a brand spanking new SRT which is what...19k?

It has that value for a reason. I'll get flamed for it but, its a BETTER car :D
You can't judge a car by only how fast it goes in a straight line for crying out loud.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
i would be ALL of that deal bro. supras are not only one of the fastest cars out there when modded, but they can handle incredible too. plus it always nice to have a completely bulletproof bottomend. rwd is also a huge advantage, especially over fwd. bottom line is if you have the funds then jump on that!!!

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
TrustWRX said:
You're kidding right?

a 1997 Supra TT w/ 50k miles is worth $29,000 blue book (thats a 7 year old car) compared to a brand spanking new SRT which is what...19k?

It has that value for a reason. I'll get flamed for it but, its a BETTER car :D
You can't judge a car by only how fast it goes in a straight line for crying out loud.

His question was how can i pass this up? Hence my answer...you can't. :readclose

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sounds good. Ive seen one with a T88, and to hear that spool up was like the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. Used the money saved to get a T88. YOu will be putting out wicked amounts of torque and hp at the wheels, and then build the engine and boost it up to 30 psi :eveilgrin

But traction is a huge issue with that much power and a rwd car. The guy I know has to run drag radials on the street because even Z-rated tires he will smoke em at 1/2 throttle.

I would say good deal you are getting.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Please buy the Supra. If 90% of could afford one we own it. At one point or another most of us have thought/day-dreamed about owning one (everytime I see one). The only question is will it be an everyday driver??

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Oh yea get the supra. Minimal mods and you'll be hauling ass. Go to supraforums.com and check out some of the dynos.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
There's 2 Supra's over here on Norfolk Naval Station that I would love to get my hands on. Can't pass up a deal like that man.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
That would sell for $30,000 or more on eBay. Very good investment, for anyone that could afford it. The low miles is the key.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I envy your situation right now. I would have had a Supra if I could have afforded it, but I got the SRT (not that I'm complaining). Tho since you are pretty much the same age as I am I will tell you that insurance will probably be very high. Thats what I couldn't afford.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Like David Starsky says: "Do it, Do it..... Do it" Sorry just got done watching it. I would buy that in a heart beat.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Only one thing happens on this end of the broadband......"uuuuuuuuuuh" ******SPLAT**********

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No clue why he wants to sell it after he gets back, That just helps my situation so I can pay off as much of the SRT as I can in a year. Guess that trip to Vegas next April isn't happening. I can't stop thinking about the car. I think I am going to whack off to the Supra.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts