Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I rolled up next to a MILF in a Magnum RT. She punched it from teh light, I didn't. So it took me a bit to get on it and catch up. She only jumped me by a car by the time I got on it. But, I couldn't catch up! When everything spooled up I expected to reel her in and blow by her. Nope, just hung back and it took until the top of 3rd to finally get even.

I was at the track last summer and I only ran a 14.35 @ 101mph with bad 60' times. There were many worse than that. 99 mph, 100mph... etc... From my mods, and what I have gathered from some other vetrans on here, I should be trapping around 106-108mph. And in the low 13s range.

I checked for boost leaks up to 10psi (that's as much as I could muster using my hand to pump a footpump... btw don't do that) and I have fixed them but it didn't do much. I'm sure my IC is full of oil, so I'm sure that's really inefficient right now too.

Any other thoughts of what to check? I've got:
1) Use an air compressor for boost leaks up to 20psi
2) Clean out IC Piping and IC of all oil.
3) ???

I doubt those two things would give me 5-7mph on my trap speed... I figure I'm running near-stock times, with my mods!!! Stock = 235hp, I SHOULD be around 260-270. So, something is making me lose 30hp...

My S2 WGA is pretty mcuh how it came out of the box (half a turn towards more boost). I never get above 17psi.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
the boost leak could easily lose that much hp if it were that big. what condition and gap are your plugs?

you also need to remove the wga and get it set exactly at 4mm.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stowaway said:
the boost leak could easily lose that much hp if it were that big. what condition and gap are your plugs?

you also need to remove the wga and get it set exactly at 4mm.
Plugs are NGK Vpower, should be in good condition. probably 5k-10k highway miles on them. I hd them out about 2k miles ago and they weren't too discolored or anything (not sure how to read plugs, I'm an idiot :thumbsup: )

What does the S2 WGA come set to from the factory? What boost does 4mm give you with S2?

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
they seem to be random from the factory, unlike the s3 wga which is preset. 4mm gives the proper tension for the correct pcm controlled boost levels.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
intersting... I'll have to take a look at it. I thought they all came out of the box the same.

Oh, and the plugs are gapped to about .375

·
Registered
547 Posts
u mean .0375 gap and after u preload the wga u will feel a big difference trust me i will then hit 18 lbs and hold more to red line. the problem u are have is with out the boost u need u are runing way to rich so just turn it up and the car will feal right were it should be.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stowaway said:
they seem to be random from the factory, unlike the s3 wga which is preset. 4mm gives the proper tension for the correct pcm controlled boost levels.
STOW> Obviously if I add a MAP clamp, I can turn the boost up a little higher? (the PCM will still think it's set at 4mm).

Any idea what kind of boost #'s I'll be seeing? 17spike? 19spike?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually, I might be able to save myself the trouble. Right now, I can see 2 threads showing beside the adjustment nut. The 3rd thread is almost visible.

Any idea how many threads are supposed to be showing?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
take the wga off. mark aline on the arm where it meets the canister, now put it back on the car and turn the adjuster eye until you have to pull that line 4mm away from the canister. reattach eye to wg flapper, now it is set up properly. :clap:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I dropped one of the screws to the dist block into the enginer somewhere... Are all 4 important? for grounding or anything?

Thanks for the help on the WGA. I'll give it a try and see fi I can figure it out. I don't quite get what you mean by canister (the thing next to the adjust ment nut?). I'll post back if i have problems

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
srt4fun80 said:
take the wga off. mark aline on the arm where it meets the canister, now put it back on the car and turn the adjuster eye until you have to pull that line 4mm away from the canister. reattach eye to wg flapper, now it is set up properly. :clap:
What do I use as my starting point? I have already adjusted it a little from the stock setting (which is apparently random anyways). What is my baseline for the 4mm adjustment?

Is there an easier way to calibrate this? ie - how many threads should be showing?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I figured out what my baseline is (obviously when there's no pressure on the WGA. ie - not hooked up).

What will 4mm give me? I have S2 with S2 injectors and hte S2 mapclamp. So, if 4mm is perfect for a S1 install, it might not necessarily be perfect for me (S2). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so that's what I should have it set at for maximum performance? Or that's what I should have ti set at for "safe" mopar performance?

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
it is what it should be set at for pcm controlled boost. if it is tighter you'll have boost pulled back in line and possibly timing pulled also, if it is loose you won't make the boost.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
any idea how many threads that is? Pretty sure I'm at 4mm and there is ONE thread showing...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine's pretty close to that. I measured it twice and it's right on 4mm

How many threads are you showing beside the nut?

any comments on only having 3 bolts on the spark dist block?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts