Votes: 48 16.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 253 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
ekool said:
I think leaving the WS around is a good decision. I've stated in the past that what goes on in WS and OT, needs to stay there. I posted a PM in this thread that I sent to myfault a couple of weeks ago.

I dont need to give any more warnings then I already did. This isnt something that I did suddenly, Its something I've been harping on for a while now, and myfault knew it better then anyone.

I would consider unbanning myfault, but the other guys are gone for good. He can contact me via email if he wishes...

This can serve as a future warning to everyone else who frequents WS and OT. Personal attacks, rude comments, etc. dont need to be posted in other sections. Be respectful to the people you are communicating with... Keep the WS/OT behaviour in that section.

I agree with everything you said, but i've seen plenty of people in various sections of srtforums, act liek complete idiots. I've seen moderators, make personal attacks, evo77 for instance... how do you know that im not full of knowledge or helpful to this site, ive had plenty of people PM for help, and ask me for knowledge, i can also gurantee that ive accounted for at least 50 sales for your vendors, because a lot of the srt-4s that i work on come to this site and have made purchase's to the specific vendors I point out. Why arent you banned, you made a general attack on everyone in warstories, i've more than done my part, in helping make this site decent, I dont post in many other sections because I like to gather information before i post something that may not be helpful.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
people know me from meets. then they come to warstories and laugh along with me. im well known in PA NJ and NY becuase i go out and hang out with the srt guys all the time. i go out of my way for these people and they do the same. I talk to people with plans on modding their srt's and point them to the vendors. i hang out with the vendors and party with the vendors. i know more srt people in the real world than on this site. im also helping out at dyno days, meets, and helping to install others parts. if you think all i do is "flame" people then you really are an idiot slow50h. i do more outside this site with the srt than while on it. and thats saying alot. once again broken > slow50h.

·
Registered
745 Posts
illmatic101 said:
Wow man I actually remember that.........And now you have thicker skin for it!
Hell yeah dude I did beat that car but not nearly as much as I thought my bro finally told me. Lol yeah you grow up piece by piece. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Either way is doesnt matter to me. But I thought "war stories" was a place to talk about street racing, "smoking" someone or "getting smoked" how person A's car will beat person B's car.. I can understand the typical arguements and fights, Not, "your daddy sticks his dick in your ass" or "Your mom is a retarded lesbian donkey fucker". What does this have to do with cars? I mean, yeah Its funny, but damn. Every day? I guess some people just wake up in the morning, thinking "lets see how many ways I can be a dick today.
Hey, whatever floats your boat.
I think the main issue here is that its not being contained to the war stories section.
As far as the guys that got banned. you can't just say, sorry here ya go, your "un-banned". You have to set an example.

And the whole, "Without WS this site doesnt exist". I wouldn't go that far.
The people that Do want to buy parts and get info will still frequent this site. I don't think the vendors will suffer one bit, where else you gonna get the parts, Joes tuner shop down the street that doesnt know how to install a boost controller?

Like I said, I could care less if it stays or goes. But the people that love the WS section need to look at the reason for removal. I don't think its the whiners that go there and get "owned" as you call it. I think its because the garbage is slowly making its way into technical, general type sections. Maybe the thought is, if you cant keep it contained, its gone? I Don't know. I need a beer, I'm on vacation.

·
Banned
6 Posts
DaPurpleRT said:
Just wanted to say thanks for the contribution to the forum and despite anyone's views it's much appreciated.

I say keep the WS forum even if it does need some moderating (race stories only, kill all the speculative "what if" BS posts that are pure pissing matches and NOTHING else).

-Ryan
That what if Bs is not done by WS crew, or regulars. By having us that gets cut down on because they immediately get flamed, and people think twice about putting it anymore. By searching through kill story threads we also let people know what their car can do.

·
Banned
6 Posts
AWDnot2 said:
Either way is doesnt matter to me. But I thought "war stories" was a place to talk about street racing, "smoking" someone or "getting smoked" how person A's car will beat person B's car.. I can understand the typical arguements and fights, Not, "your daddy sticks his dick in your ass" or "Your mom is a retarded lesbian donkey fucker". What does this have to do with cars? I mean, yeah Its funny, but damn. Every day? I guess some people just wake up in the morning, thinking "lets see how many ways I can be a dick today.
Hey, whatever floats your boat.
I think the main issue here is that its not being contained to the war stories section.
As far as the guys that got banned. you can't just say, sorry here ya go, your "un-banned". You have to set an example.

And the whole, "Without WS this site doesnt exist". I wouldn't go that far.
The people that Do want to buy parts and get info will still frequent this site. I don't think the vendors will suffer one bit, where else you gonna get the parts, Joes tuner shop down the street that doesnt know how to install a boost controller?

Like I said, I could care less if it stays or goes. But the people that love the WS section need to look at the reason for removal. I don't think its the whiners that go there and get "owned" as you call it. I think its because the garbage is slowly making its way into technical, general type sections. Maybe the thought is, if you cant keep it contained, its gone? I Don't know. I need a beer, I'm on vacation.
This guy is using bad language outside of WS... shouldn't he get banned ekool? See what I mean, it should be equal treatment.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
i didnt know anyone still read WS. i mean, this site is a RESOURCE, along with every member (well exclude a few). i dont come here to say "Y0z!!!!111 my c4r is the SHIZZZLE and i smoked some punk in a buttstang! mustangs are the w0rst c4r EVAR y0!!11"

i come here for knowledge. but thats not to say WS should not exist. there is a time and place for trash...keep it there. if you get rid of WS, yes that will be an obvious cleanup of bandwidth, space, and trolls, but it will just bleed over into the other forums. without their own section, other sections will become soaked in piss and vinegar.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Maybe instead of blaming the War Stories people, we should blame the mods.....

Afterall you can't give people that kind of power for so long and expect them to police themselves. It's kind of like giving a bunch of five year olds a loaded gun and expecting them not to shoot themselves. Maybe WS should have been moderated more closely to begin with and then it wouldn't be the shithole that it is today.

I don't know the whole story, but to me it seems like the mods let them carry on in WS for so long and then one day told them they couldn't do it anymore.

-faast

·
Registered
306 Posts
Jeremy Smolik said:
i didnt know anyone still read WS. i mean, this site is a RESOURCE, along with every member (well exclude a few). i dont come here to say "Y0z!!!!111 my c4r is the SHIZZZLE and i smoked some punk in a buttstang! mustangs are the w0rst c4r EVAR y0!!11"

i come here for knowledge. but thats not to say WS should not exist. there is a time and place for trash...keep it there. if you get rid of WS, yes that will be an obvious cleanup of bandwidth, space, and trolls, but it will just bleed over into the other forums. without their own section, other sections will become soaked in piss and vinegar.

More people leave war stories, with more respect for the srt-4, than when they come in. Some of you say you dont even visit the section, but then your rebuttle is, "well i read in War Stories that such and such was hella jdm tyte yo"... which one is it.... because non of what you describe makes sense. First, you have the people saying its all a bunch of non srt owners, which i will venture off to say at least 50% of them arent, but thats a good thing. I remember Lurking on this site, the first week it was up.... I didnt even own a srt-4 at teh time, but When i seen the first kill about a srt-4 vs 01 mustang GT.. and how the mustang trolls were getting pissed because the srt-4 was stock for stock faster... really turned me on, to the car, and my wife eventually picked one up.

·
Registered
951 Posts
The way I look at it is: Its ekools site. I have no problem with using the forum while staying within his guidlines. If I don't like it I can always post/view other forums. Im a member of a few other forums that are 10x more strict than this one. Still, all in all they're great forums.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
SOT material seems to stay in SOT... I dont think its too much to ask that WS and OT discussion stay in those respective areas.

The decision has been made, it will stay. The decision has also been made, that if you act like that in the other sections, your account will be banned.

If you cant deal with the rules, seek entertainment somewhere else.

241 - 253 of 253 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.