Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
long time ago i blew my flywheel bolts off....and burned my clutch. i replaced the flywheel and clutch(CM stage 4 clutch, fidanza flywheel). but after that 2nd gear was starting 2 be hard 2 put in after redlining. i thought of it being nothing big just the aftermarket boogers i had got loose or w.e. so like about 2 monthes later after redlining...all the gears where starting 2 get hard 2 put in but every time i go into the motor 2 push down the boogers it shifted good again. after a while i got sick of doing this all the time. so i put back the stock boogers. same shit! always geting hard after redlining. then it finally got 2 a point that 3rd gear was grinding all the time, and some times all the gears was so dame hard 2 put in!!! i had 2 force the gears into place haha. i took it 2 a transmision store. they said is was the clutch lol. i dont think so. but w.e that same week the car didnt move on 1st. it just fighted 2 move and dies. grinding became 2 acure like crazy! but all this happens when the car is on. when its off the the gears go in like nothing ever happened 2 the car! i took it 2 the dealer. they said i need a new transmition $5k hell naw! then another place said the same thing but the price was better but still bad lol $3,600. what do i do? what is the prob i know some 1 knows somthing out there!! im thinking it could be the slave cylinder... :crying:

mods...
Mopar stage 1
Mopar BOV
Mopar short throw
Mopar exhaust
ERZ 3" downpipe
Apexi turbo timer
AEM short ram
AGP wastgate
AGP motor mounts
Clutch master stage 4
Fidanza flywheel
custom catch can
Turbo Xs FMIC
Eibach springs

·
Registered
190 Posts
i had this problem- only it was hard to go into 2nd at the track, not hard more like impossible. then my slave cylinder blew out and leaked all the fluid out of the system into my bellhousing, hope it doesnt get on my new clutch.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Sounds to me like the clutch is not fully disengaging.

Your clutch is going out.... That's why it is easy to shift with the car off.

Eventually the clutch will seize in gear, and you won't be going anywhere without a tow truck.

·
HAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
29,063 Posts
srt4victory said:
no its not clutch i just got it..(CM stage 4) well i found out what happened...HAHAH barrings,gears,forks ex.....all fucked up
what was the cause of all that messing up??

not torqued correctly?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i think its all the abuse of the car. ive learned how 2 drive using the srt. the srt is the 1st car ive ever drivin. the 1st few monthes ive been stalling alot lol. but i got it. well my friend showed me how 2 power shift i did it 4 a few monthes till i found out it was bad. Well when i blew my stock clutch and flywheel as i was saying i was down shift 2nd to 3rd back and forth just 2 show off by throwing flams but i figured i was fucking up my transmition :p. dont be stupide like me. Now i learned 2 baby my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts