Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing the research and development now, but I want to know how many people would be interested in these services. Prices are unofficial at this time and are subject to change when the services are available.

Lexus Yellow Capsule Fog Light Retrofits:
------------------------------------------
Complete Package: (Includes New Fog Lights)
$???
Partial Package: (Requires your OEM Fog Lights)
$80.00

Bosch Mini H3 Projectors:
---------------------------
Complete Package: (Includes New Depo Fog Lights)
$???
$200.00

Bosch Mini H3 Projectors with Yellow Capsules:
-----------------------------------------------
Complete Package: (Includes New Depo Fog Lights)
$???
$280.00

I'll post Prices for the Complete Packages when I get a quote on OEM replacement fog lights...

If you're interested in any of these options, please post which ones you would be interested in. Thank You!

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These will not be HID fogs, they will use an H3 halogen bulb. They will perform much better than our OEM halogen fogs though. I really do not see a big reason to have HID fogs, unless you want them to match the color of HID headlights. IMO, having yellow fogs with HID headlights is a much better option for performance lighting than having all HIDs. If you have ever been in a car with HIDs durring poor weather conditions, you would wish you had your halogens back because of the reflected light on the wet streets. It is much easier to see with yellow fogs than with white.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only time I would use HID fogs is if the bulbs provided a deep yellow color vs. the OEM 4300K white.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's some pics compairing the Lexus Yellow Capsule Retrofit to the MPx/PIAA Fog Lamps. I would say the performance (Distribution of Light) is not as good as the PIAA's due to the poor OEM reflector design. However, the Yellow color is perfect in compairison to the Lexus Fog Lamps. It is a rich deep glowing yellow as you can see in some of the pics below. FYI, the PIAA's are on the Passenger Side and the Lexus Yellow Capsule Retrofit is on the Driver's Side. Because of the heavy snow fall, I was unable to post pics compairing the OEM Non-modified fogs vs. the Yellow Capsule Retrofits. I'll probably post those pics sometime next week when the weather clears up.

I would guess that adding the Yellow Capsules to the Bosch Mini H3 projector retrofit, would out perform both of these Fog Lamps. Only thing left to do is order the parts and start working on the projector retrofit. I'll have to get another set of OEM fog lamps, Bosch projectors, and another set of capsules. I'll keep everyone posted on my results. Enjoy the pics, feel free to post your comments and opinions!

Thanks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
durn it looks cold out there....free bump

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it's pretty cold out... especially when I was working on the car to swap the fogs out at night...:stab: I should have done them earlier today, but I had some other things to do.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
yeah we don't get that here in Alabama. It's usually just hot and humid. Sometimes it's so humid that the water just fall out of the air. They call it rain most everywhere else, but here it's just higher humidity.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
I wait for hak to approve any and all lights. Lots of cheap-o's out there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Make me a custom set of fogs that'll fit a 2.5" hole, and I'll buy em.
(I need something to fit the Buddy Club 2 front bumper)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts