Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my second attempt to do this it came out perfect. The first time i tried it...i did so thinking i could do it without directions....yeeeea that didnt work out good...so with the help of a local SRT buddy here are the new results. The install was easier/harder than i thought. Easier because once youve seen it done you can probably do it 10 more times and twice as fast...but harder because initially i used no instructions :stab: and evern after my buddy helped me out i still had alot of corrections to make before it was perfect. The AEM wideband gauge is twice as thick in the front as any other gauge so it took some extra time. Lemme know what you guys think. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
did you had to cut the gauge pod and mount it w/ brackets and screws onto the dash?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
That looks really good. I've been wanting to add an extra pod for a long time..

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
ANd I like the idea of the A/F gauge there, instead of on the piller like mine is. YOu can look and compare you boost and A/F at the same time :)

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
merlin - post a how-to plz

I'd like to see if there are any diff methods

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Canuck_2k said:
did you had to cut the gauge pod and mount it w/ brackets and screws onto the dash?

No problem guys...ill post how me and my buddy did it probably tommorrow when i get a little free time. Yes i had to dremel down the pod some and dremel the part of my dash where the gauge sits in back of so that it would be flush and so that the dash would close. Dont forget that the AEM wideband gauges face is 2x the size of a normal gauge...so it was tricker than i had thought. If you are putting any other gauge there you wouldnt have to do half the work i did into fixing it. Initially i did it wrong and my buddy came over and showed me the right place to mount it and what materials to use for it...after that it was all about the dremel and the space i needed. Ill post a how to for you guys tomm. Thanks for the replies. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
i saw the how-tos

it's the same how to that i did.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In between those two guages would be the perfect spot for a KPtechnologies stealth shift light. Check out the link in my sig for the current groupbuy if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Canuck_2k said:
i saw the how-tos

it's the same how to that i did.

Yep it's essentially the same except that it doesnt warn you about putting a gauge that might have a bigger face on it...i found that out the hard way. :stab: No biggie though...just had to dremel some more and work a little harder at it. Btw that Venom avatar kicks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,I was wondering if any one knew how to take the stock boost gauge out?If any one does iwould apprciate the help. thanks, Also those gauges look good side by side.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Black ACR said:
Hi,I was wondering if any one knew how to take the stock boost gauge out?If any one does iwould apprciate the help. thanks, Also those gauges look good side by side.
there are two bolts in the center of the dash inside the vent. take both out. then remove the bolts on each side of the dash(open door to see the bolt.) remove the pillars next to the windshield, they hold the dash down. Once all is outa the way the dash top comes off and you can unscew the few bolts holding the stock gauge on.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
924 Posts
Looks good! JMB mounted mine opposite of where you did yours. I like it installed right there so you can monitor boost and a/f at the same time, like said before. And I know clean the finger prints off, but this is an old pic and they arent there anymore :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts