Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I walk to my car, get in, and it smells like gas really bad, and it just reminds me of the close call I had in Vegas when my exhaust melted my tank and caused gasoline to leak, because the dumb azz who installed it cut the end of the pipe, making it face straight to the gas tank. Now I move the car forward and see a huge puddle of gas on the floor, but its dark, as if mixed with oil, but smells like gas :Wtf3:

Look under where the exhaust is and where it dumps, and tank looks fine. So I go around to the passenger side and look under and see gas dripping from some white squared thing connected to the gas tank and has a hose connected to it, where it seems the gas is leaking from :eeeek: Do you guys know what this is??? The exhaust is not the prob. because its facing away from this part, and there's nothing obstructing this area. Will the warranty cover this??? I'm having my car towed to the dealership later today, so hopefully its open, and warranty covers it.

Damn, this is scary, being it's been over 100 degrees in the areas I've been in with this darn prob. 2 times I could of almost blown up :wah?!: :eeeek: I just Thank God I'm OK, and he made me aware of these situations :thumbsup:

·
Registered
849 Posts
You gotta love plastic gas tanks. At least they're easy to get on and off (when empty of course). Hope you get everything resolved. Gas leaks are never good. I need to take a look at my gas tank to really see what you are talking about.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats up

BRUTE4Z said:
You gotta love plastic gas tanks. At least they're easy to get on and off (when empty of course). Hope you get everything resolved. Gas leaks are never good. I need to take a look at my gas tank to really see what you are talking about.
Have you checked it out? I'm really worried about this thing :buah:

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts

Is this the sucker? This view is from the rear, thats the passenger strut on the right.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup

glhs837 said:

Is this the sucker? This view is from the rear, thats the passenger strut on the right.
Thats it, but it's the back part that shows in this pix. You can clearly see i it if you look right under the passenger rear door.

·
Registered
13,658 Posts
Damn g that sucks another gas scare crazy man.Hope you get that fixed,and ready to roll soon

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fo Sho

Thanks Bro, this mess Sucks :flame: I'm getting my car towed in the morning, and had to drive my sis 00 Neon Auto and Sucked cuz its slow :crying: :lol:

·
Registered
13,658 Posts
Lol

SUFIZTIC said:
Thanks Bro, this mess Sucks :flame: I'm getting my car towed in the morning, and had to drive my sis 00 Neon Auto and Sucked cuz its slow :crying: :lol:
Yeah they do suck well anyways keep us posted man see what happens hit me up when ever theres a meat g :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to get back. That's the NVLD, Natural Vacuum Leck Detection setup. The thing that sets the code if you leave you cap loose, amongst other things.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool

glhs837 said:
Sorry it took me so long to get back. That's the NVLD, Natural Vacuum Leck Detection setup. The thing that sets the code if you leave you cap loose, amongst other things.
No Probs. and thanks for the info :thumbsup: Is this NVLD something serious? Do I have a good chance of getting it covered under warranty?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
No reason why not. If you had messed with your tank in some way, like pulling it to install a Walbro pump, maybe , but otherwise, it's a broken part that can in no way be affected by mods.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet

glhs837 said:
No reason why not. If you had messed with your tank in some way, like pulling it to install a Walbro pump, maybe , but otherwise, it's a broken part that can in no way be affected by mods.
You're the man, thanks for your help and info, you've made me feel alot better :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts