Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
the owner's manual holds the answer, as does www.dodge.com

but it is 12.5 gallons.
gas light comes on at roughly 3 gallons left, light starts blinking with roughly 1 gallon left.

·
Registered
838 Posts
chio said:
does it really start blinking? if it does i dont think i have ever gotten it that empty
Yeah it blinks, i've had it that low once. The needle was past empty and almost sitting on the little stopper peg, or whatever the fuck it's called.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
wow!! i didnt know it blinked....i have seen the light many times, but never blinking...i need to do that next time....wait no, the cost would be to much to filll it back up...

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
no, you'll have to cut up your trunk and mount one. You might want to PM Snyder Motorsports, they had an 18 gallon tank installed in their race car, that is for sale. :( They might be able to say how it was done.

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
the reason the trucks have options is because they have frames that you can bolt a larger tank in between. I think you could fairly easily cut out the spare tire well and make the floor flat, then have a custom tank fabricated to use that space, plus the factory space.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
what about the weight....i know about 7 lbs per gallon, and if u have a total of 25 gallons that would be about 175 extra lbs that moves also....would trunk hold that much weight constant....i know it is like having an average size adult in the back...and a good idea...just dont want to compromise saftey of the car....

·
Registered
221 Posts
closer to 14 gallons,when u let the light blink for about 20 miles you can get all of it in there

·
Registered
659 Posts
rico's-srt said:
yea i was hoping there would be another option for a bigger tank, because in the dodge trucks u can get a 26 gallon or a 34 gallon tank, i figured there could be somethin like that for our cars.
Hey I've got it! I've found a website where you can do such a swap. It's called www.dudegetreal.com :rofl: Instead of hacking your car apart to fit a larger gastank, try shifting at 2500rpms ALL the time to save on gas. If you can't do that (because you like going fast) then you've come to the realization that you've bought yourself a performance Sport Compact car & not "Just a Neon".

Congratulations. :stab:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts