Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is minor and stupid, but anyone know of a specially designed gas tank lock for the SRT-4 or NEON spec? I know from past experience people have tried siphoning from tanks where I work so I really don't want to fill somebody else's tanks and mine. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i went to go get my srt4 yesterday and that was one of the things that bothered me. I am gonna look for a way to lock the gas tank and when i find out how i will surely let you in on it.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I saw some tank locks at pep boys last night. If you think your gas is in danger, I'd just get one of those for a quick fix until something better comes out.

·
Registered
726 Posts
You can get a locking gas cap from Mopar. I bought one originally for my '01 SE, but just recently put it on my SRT...fits fine.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Mopar offers two versions for locking gas caps..
One has a standard key and costs around $13.
The second has a full tumbler so it uses the ignition key. Runs about $40 p/n 5015636-AB

I got them on my two pt cruisers and srt-4.. DEFINATELY worth the extra $$$ just to not have 3 extra keys on the key ring.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I recommend EVERYONE to purchase a lock for their gas tank!

When i had my Spec V, some punks put dirt into my gas tank. Cost almost $1000 to fix it!

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
i cant believe they didnt put them on there at the factory. my 94 probe gt gas door had to be popped from the inside

1 - 7 of 7 Posts