Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just bought an SRT-4 (05 brand-new, 09.27.04) last Monday, and from what I'm experiencing, the car is very thirsty. So far within this week (it will be 1 week old tomorrow), I've visited gasoline station 3 times already. And each trip was to fill up full tank (I fill up on 1/4 gas tank). It's a daily driver car and usually driven on local roads. How often do you guys visit the gasoline station within a 7 day week?

·
Registered
450 Posts
ha im there just about 3 times a week....i usually get between 200-240 miles to the tank...i lately have been running the car when the fuel light comes on...i used to fill up right when it came on but i was only getting 180 miles to the tank....until i found out that there is like a 3 gallon reserve in there....good luck with your srt

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
fill her up twice a week... that's the price you pay for a performance machine. LOL. be thankful you didn't buy a srt10.. isn't it like 8 miles per gallon??

·
Registered
554 Posts
i avg. about 240-250 a tank and that is to 10 gallons maybe push it to 10.7 or so. i go about ever 10 days because of late i have only been going to and from work about 11 miles round trip working 65+ hours a week will do that.

saves money and im makin money at the same time :) plus alli do is drive at work so all i want to do when i get off is either go to the bar next door or drive home and sleep.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think mpg is a better estimate of thirst. I almost always get 25-28 mpg. Most of my driving is 65-75 mph. I get on it really good a couple of times a day and I coast a lot to make up for it. Does anybody else coast alot to increase mpg?

·
Registered
484 Posts
For those who get 24+ mpg, how many miles do you have on the car? What was your gas mileage like pre-3000 mi? At what mileage did you start getting 24+ mpg?

I'm at about 2500 mi total and the absolute best I've seen is 19 mpg with about 90% highway. My job requires about 5-10 mi/day driving through city streets, but other than that i'm higway cruising. I like 80 mph because it's a nice round number.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
i've got about 2200 miles on mine right now and last fillup was 10 gallons which got me 239 miles so about 23mpg on shitty AZ 91 octane (2.37/gal @ mobil) I fill up about every 4 days because I drive 25 miles one way to work. I'm not stingy with the gas either. I boost around all the time and somehow still get good numbers. My friend with an 03 gets 17 mpg. 19 if he babies it. I'm getting 23. strange. My worst, probably 14 mpg when I went racing all night with some friends. My best.... probably close to 25 all highway.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.