Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sellng my SRT4 before I go away for awhile, but when I come back, there is an unbeatable price for a gently used SRT8 300C, but I am worried about gas mileage... on average how much $$$ are you guys putting in the tank, and how many miles are you getting from that tank....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Make no mistake about it, this car sucks gas like a fat woman eats.

It is NOT a car for the more fuel concerned drivers amoung us, imo. However, once you push that accelerator pedal, the gas mileage just doesn't seem that important anymore :readclose

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
300-SRT8U said:
Make no mistake about it, this car sucks gas like a fat woman eats.

It is NOT a car for the fuel conscience amoung us, imo. However, once you push that accelerator pedal, the gas mileage just doesn't seem that important anymore :readclose

I'm not really worried about gas mileage... I just want to make sure that it is not any worse than my SRT4.... On $35 I get 200 miles with the SRT4... so is that close or better or what?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
:rofl: Of COURSE it's gonna be worse. You're going from a 2.4L 4cyl to a 6.1L hemi.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ebbtide said:
:rofl: Of COURSE it's gonna be worse. You're going from a 2.4L 4cyl to a 6.1L hemi.
Sorry, I'm looking for a little more "in depth" answer than that... I realize that I'm going into a 6.1, but I'm also coming from a 450 horsepower car that will smoke the shit out of an SRT8... I'm just trying to gauge with "personal experience" how many miles per tank and how much to fill up...

Anybody?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I get a rough number variance between city and highway, to average out at about...

14 city

16 Hwy

I have very lights mods. A Mopar CAI unit, Corsa cat back stainless exhaust (shaved 10lbs off the car, believe it or not :clap: ) so perhaps I burn a bit more fuel? it's a big motor, it needs to eat, bottomline.

If you hammer this car strong, say twice in a day...you will use a half a tank of gas, EASY! It sucks fuel, is abnoxious about it, and has a gas guzzler tax affixed to it to prove it.

Life is about trade-offs, this is one i rather enjoy, for me, the gas is never going to stop me from driving it...it's all a matter of preference :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much on average to fill up in dollars? And how many miles do you get for that fill up?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I live on Long Island, NY...so gas prices may be different, but...

to fill the tank from empty to full with premium gas, costs about $58.00 :wah?!:

and I wouldn't put anything BUT Super in the tank :readclose

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
300-SRT8U said:

to fill the tank from empty to full with premium gas, costs about $58.00 :wah?!:

And how many miles do you get for that 58?

·
Registered
181 Posts
horngrabber said:
300-SRT8U said:

And how many miles do you get for that 58?
Well, that is of course completely dependant on the type of driving i'm doing. It would be difficult to give you an accurate break down of such. Its just something I haven't taken notice of, but one could hypothesize.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
300-SRT8U said:
Well, that is of course completely dependant on the type of driving i'm doing. It would be difficult to give you an accurate break down of such. Its just something I haven't taken notice of, but one could hypothesize.
humour me please. It's the one answer I'm looking for nobody to date has answered...:readclose

·
Registered
181 Posts
horngrabber said:
300-SRT8U said:
humour me please. It's the one answer I'm looking for nobody to date has answered...:readclose

I'll tell ya what, and I mean no offense at all...but

If you need such micro-economic information, in order to make this automotive choice, i'd say buy something else. Seriously, if miles to the GALLON is this big of a concern to you, i'd go with a performance car that is smaller in stature, and thereby needing less effort (gas) to move it :readclose

sorry, that's the best i got for ya :hi:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
horngrabber said:
on average how much $$$ are you guys putting in the tank, and how many miles are you getting from that tank....

You know what, I do take offense.... I asked two very clear and easy questions. Thanks for answering one of them. If you don't have an answer for the other, stop preaching me your bullshit about my "micro-economic" calculations... I don't ever remember asking yours or anybodys opinion on whether I should buy this car... I'm a big boy, I make these decisions myself. On that note, I turned to my forums to get two questions answered... either answer them or STFU.

Now that you've opened the can and been no help at all, I will go ahead and tell you why this information has such urgency to me... it's because my company pays for my gas, but only a certain amount... I have to gauge with $'s and miles how much and how often I would have to fill up in order for this vehicle to deemed acceptable by my company, and how much I may have to pay out of my own pocket....

·
Registered
181 Posts
horngrabber said:
horngrabber said:
on average how much $$$ are you guys putting in the tank, and how many miles are you getting from that tank....

You know what, I do take offense.... I asked two very clear and easy questions. Thanks for answering one of them. If you don't have an answer for the other, stop preaching me your bullshit about my "micro-economic" calculations... I don't ever remember asking yours or anybodys opinion on whether I should buy this car... I'm a big boy, I make these decisions myself. On that note, I turned to my forums to get two questions answered... either answer them or STFU.

Now that you've opened the can and been no help at all, I will go ahead and tell you why this information has such urgency to me... it's because my company pays for my gas, but only a certain amount... I have to gauge with $'s and miles how much and how often I would have to fill up in order for this vehicle to deemed acceptable by my company, and how much I may have to pay out of my own pocket....

Uhhhhhhhhhh, my man, there is NO reason to get cantankerous, and nasty:rofl: How old are you? 14? Geeze...

Here I am writing day after day to try and HELP you, and what happens? the guy go nuts when he doesn't get the answers he's waiting for :stab:

You need to take a chill pill and digest a bit, tension much???

O.K. here's a more complete answer for you. You're trying to ascertain information about a 300C SRT-8, so you can use it as a "traveling salesmans" car???? :jester: that is some funny shit! Are you daft? do you think ANY company would allow a car like this to be driven for business mileage??? are you insane as well? This car gets what i'd call HORRID gas mileage, yet this guy wants to use it for business travel. That is funny as hell.

Come on now, you don't need minute mileage stats, to understand this car is NOT made for the purpose you propose (oops, there i go again TELLING you what to do) I'm done trying to help/aggitate you :readclose don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya! ciao, and good luck on your decision :hi:

·
Registered
672 Posts
I don't have a SRT-8 so take it for what it's worth. This site has some info: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20964.shtml

If we go by the 14-16mpg as stated earlier, with a 19 gallon tank, you would be getting about 266-304 mile to the tank.

Just doing a few calculations would get you your answer;)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wildcat said:
I don't have a SRT-8 so take it for what it's worth. This site has some info: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/20964.shtml

If we go by the 14-16mpg as stated earlier, with a 19 gallon tank, you would be getting about 266-304 mile to the tank.

Just doing a few calculations would get you your answer;)

finally a fucking answer !!! Thank you for helping me out rather than giving me your opinion.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
300-SRT8U said:
Here I am writing day after day to try and HELP you, and what happens? the guy go nuts when he doesn't get the answers he's waiting for :stab:

Help me? You havn't helped at all... all you've done is post useless bullshit about your opinions... keep them to yourself you worthless sack of shit. My company is already paying for the gas on my SRT4 you fucking fart swallower, did you not get that from my first post? Are you fucking that retarded and dense that you don't understand that? When I make my company 3 million dollars a year, they don't give a flying fuck what car I drive, IT'S MY CHOICE - they only give me $600 a month for gas and $1000 for the car, I can drive a MURCIELAGO if I fucking wanted too and pay the difference... I just have to figure out how much I have to pay out of my pocket for the SRT8.... FUCK.

Are you this evasive in real life? When people as you for facts in person do you state your opinion? Do you not get that I don't care about your opinion? I tried so hard to make that clear but you still insist that "do you think ANY company would allow a car like this to be driven for business mileage"... blah blah blah... YES they will fucknut.

STOP being useless and wasting my fucking time

·
Registered
181 Posts
horngrabber said:
300-SRT8U said:

Help me? You havn't helped at all... all you've done is post useless bullshit about your opinions... keep them to yourself you worthless sack of shit. My company is already paying for the gas on my SRT4 you fucking fart swallower, did you not get that from my first post? Are you fucking that retarded and dense that you don't understand that? When I make my company 3 million dollars a year, they don't give a flying fuck what car I drive, IT'S MY CHOICE - they only give me $600 a month for gas and $1000 for the car, I can drive a MURCIELAGO if I fucking wanted too and pay the difference... I just have to figure out how much I have to pay out of my pocket for the SRT8.... FUCK.

Are you this evasive in real life? When people as you for facts in person do you state your opinion? Do you not get that I don't care about your opinion? I tried so hard to make that clear but you still insist that "do you think ANY company would allow a car like this to be driven for business mileage"... blah blah blah... YES they will fucknut.

STOP being useless and wasting my fucking time

Oh geeze, a bullshitter as well :rofl: Dude, you're a tool, a fool, and a dunce!!! PERIOD!!! If you can drive ANY car you want, as long as YOU pay the difference

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU CONCERED ABOUT GAS MILEAGE MR. TRUMP?????

You drive an SRT-4... FOUR!!!! ya feeble minded dolt! MAAAAAAAAAAAJOR difference is gas usage Einstein, between the two motors...ah, but alas it shouldn't matter, you can drive a Lambo if you wanted :gay:

You read like an uneducated child, who wants it his way or they'll just cry and whine all day long :buah: Your diction and vocabulary skills prove you need help in those areas as well, the car should be secondary in your case.

Oh, by the way, you're a real tough guy, ya internet bully:ninja: a weakling in person no doubt...good luck again, ya carpet muncher :gay:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wasn't implying that I could afford a lamborghini you imbecile, just merely stating my point that you so obviously cannot grasp.

I'm as much of an e-bully as you are e-idiot.

You are right, I am wrong.... stop wasting my time please, stop shitting on my thread.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And by the way the calculations are turning out, the SRT8 gas mileage is better than my SRT4.

Thanks for not helping.

I will go back to munching on carpet while you exhale with a dick in your mouth.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts