Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of milage are you guys getting on your SRT's? I seem to be running between 20-24mpg. I've been running all highway, between 85-90mph. I tend to keep it at the same speed, and I haven't been WOT passing since after the break in. It just seems like i'm filling up every 200 miles (I don't let the gauge get below 1/4 tank). It's probably self induced, but i'm wondering what everyone else if getting.

·
Registered
905 Posts
ebbtide said:
What kind of milage are you guys getting on your SRT's? I seem to be running between 20-24mpg. I've been running all highway, between 85-90mph. I tend to keep it at the same speed, and I haven't been WOT passing since after the break in. It just seems like i'm filling up every 200 miles (I don't let the gauge get below 1/4 tank). It's probably self induced, but i'm wondering what everyone else if getting.
I'm gettin the exact same.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
And about the same here. Although I did let it drop down 'til the light came on once to make sure it worked. I think they may be "conservative" on the guage. With the light on, it only took 9.8 gallons.

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
26-27MPG

I've been getting 26-27 but I've been using the actual milage /actual gallons dispensed. Also make sure you check your tire pressures. If you bought your car in FL and drove it to cold weather areas it will drop alot. Mine were down to 26 psi instead of 32 which will drop your miles per gallon.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
RaptorRed said:
And about the same here. Although I did let it drop down 'til the light came on once to make sure it worked. I think they may be "conservative" on the guage. With the light on, it only took 9.8 gallons.
This too funny :lol: , I did the exact same thing, Raptor!!

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
ebbtide said:
Hey, be happy you don't have one of those Hemis (10.9MPG w/ 34 gallon tank).

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, i'm sure its self induced then. No problem, hell a 10 gal tank doesn't cost much at all to fill. I was just curious. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I drove two miles after the light came on (1/8th tank), hoping I would reach blinking (1/2 gallon) to make for a easier mileage loop. No luck, and only took 9.2 gallons. I'll post results as soon as my lead foot allows :D

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
GLHS837 said:
I drove two miles after the light came on (1/8th tank), hoping I would reach blinking (1/2 gallon) to make for a easier mileage loop. No luck, and only took 9.2 gallons. I'll post results as soon as my lead foot allows :D
I’m getting around 200 or less on a tank, I usually only takes 8-9 gallons to fill back up. Whats funny to me is when it if full the gage reads right on the full line period no farther. All my other cars read over full and take awhile to start coming down. I’m really going to have to get used to this gage.

The light flashes when it gets to half gallon? Was this in the owners manual?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
According to the book, one dong and the light comes on at 1/8th tank. That's 1.56 gallons for the fractionally challenged. Three bongs and a flashing light when the level reaches 1/2 gallon. I'm going to do this once, then use 1/2 tanks. If these are like most modern fuel pumps, they are cooled by the gas in the tank, so running low levels will shorten the life of the pump.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I must admit, i found something that I really hate about the car. Thats filling up every 3 days. I only get if im lucky 200 miles on a tank. On the highway i got 240 or so.

Yes the fuel economy is good, but I dont like looking at my fuel gauge every minute. :(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
17 Participants
bmxfreak
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing