Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Picked an engine support brace from Harbor Freight for $85! Dropped the trans, degreased, and painted it. Turned out really nice!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Clutch will be here today finally WOOT! While waiting for the thing I tackled a few tasks including wrapping my door panels in suede, installing my WOT box, building a custom sub box/installing a system, and adjusted my JMB hidden coolant tank behind the bumper. Of course plenty of pics were taken :clap:

I know the bottom of the bumper is hacked up. I have a brand new Mopar bumper to install that is already trimmed for the FMIC and coolant tank since this one has a large tear in it.

After thinking about installing the factory kicker system I decided against it and took some measurements then fabbed this up over the course of 2 days!

After that was done, I decided to add some color to the interior :smile:

Turned out perfect!

Here are the finished pictures of the custom box/subs/amp install. Unfortunately I couldn't find any carpet that was a dead on perfect match, this was the closest I could find.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Got my clutch and flywheel in Monday and finally had a chance to install them today. The pilot bushing was to small and would fall out of the crank. Upon calling ACT they were complete dicks and swore my pilot bushing was used, and refused to send a new one. Worst customer service I've ever had in my life and I will be getting a different brand clutch in the future when this one goes out.

Anyway I was able to install the clutch by using a 14mm deep socket and 36" extension with a buddy holding it while I lined the clutch and pressure plate up. Worked like a charm! Going to try and get some time to install the trans tomorrow, not sure if I'll get the time since I'm on call all week for work though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Got the trans back in on Saturday with the help of some friends. :clap:

Took her out for her maiden voyage today and the clutch feels SO much better than stock. Stiff and VERY responsive, it's going to take some getting use to with this 6-puck! God it feels good to have her back together:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I just finally got finished breaking in my new 6 puck sprung clutch. After making a small tweak to my base tunes the car is a MONSTER! I'm a fully bolted 47lb stage 3 running just the pump 93 tune right now and it's just absurd how this thing pulls. I still need to let the PCM adjust and learn but it's spiking 24-26lbs and setting to around 22-24, then spiking around 25-27 when shifting to 4th and setting to around 23-25. AFR is right at 11.67-11.8 and it's only getting better as I drive her.

I can't wait to try the E85 tune!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Nice got any videos of it ripping it up

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Looks pretty quick , looks sounds and looks like it woukd pull nice . You're roads out there look harsh lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks pretty quick , looks sounds and looks like it woukd pull nice . You're roads out there look harsh lol
Michigan are teh suck. :gay:

We spend all this tax money and they are still shit. For a while there they were contemplating RAISING our taxes to fix the roads, but that fell through. Michigan is not the place you want to own a lowered car...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
It gets up, and it's on pump currently, going to switch back to corn once I get my e85 safe fuel sender in. It's a whole different beast on e85. The second pull was from about 40 to 110.

Road in Michigan suck so bad it's ridiculous. There are some better roads around but I didn't want to go to far since this was just a test.

Where are you at in Michigan?
I'm down in Berrien Springs, roughly 1:45 from you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Your car looks great! You really saved it by adding some quality parts. What down-pipe are you running on the MPX Exhaust (catted/catless)? And how do you like the exhaust overall? I'm considering the catted side-exit myself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Your car looks great! You really saved it by adding some quality parts. What down-pipe are you running on the MPX Exhaust (catted/catless)? And how do you like the exhaust overall? I'm considering the catted side-exit myself.
Thanks, she was really rough when I got her. I'm running the MPX catted downpipe. Catless is just to loud and smells horrible.

She's torn apart again after frying the ringlands on pistons #1 . Full build for 600+whp in progress.

·
Registered
408 Posts
How much power are you making with your BWS3 setup?

61 - 78 of 78 Posts