Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Wow, another writer proves himself ignorant. Why do these people always miss the truth behind the import scene??? Tuners in Cali (guys like me) were racing LONG before the Fast and the Furious (Quote: "Racers inspired by the Fast and the Furious...") and guess what - so were a lot of people on the East Coast. Not only is this whole thing much older than what sadly I think most people believe, the two scenes grew up together but differently. California had a faster, more heavily asian influenced crowd, the East Coast had a more show car mingled with mini truck group. If you go to Florida or further up north the scene is plainly different than it is in Cali. The author (and many others) have suggested most of us are latching on to a trend. Why should the scene we created and inspired now be our inspiration??? It's our domestic automakers that are just now getting it, not us. This is suspect life imitating art imitating life and it's bullsh*t.

The article is OK but would have been better off leaving out the origins of a scene the writer learned about from watching the special features section of a DVD.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Towards the end of the article...

"Even special SRT-4 pedals announce that drivers are about to launch a fearsome display of power. The cast aluminum accelerator, brake pedal and clutch feature a cast dimple surface texture to assure good and surefooted traction."

Pretty sad when Mopar Magazine can't even get the specs on their own car correct! :roll:

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
SRT_USAF said:
Wow, another writer proves himself ignorant. Why do these people always miss the truth behind the import scene??? Tuners in Cali (guys like me) were racing LONG before the Fast and the Furious (Quote: "Racers inspired by the Fast and the Furious...") and guess what - so were a lot of people on the East Coast. .

Wait, your in Germany! :) jk

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
SRT_USAF said:
Wow, another writer proves himself ignorant. Why do these people always miss the truth behind the import scene??? Tuners in Cali (guys like me) were racing LONG before the Fast and the Furious (Quote: "Racers inspired by the Fast and the Furious...") and guess what - so were a lot of people on the East Coast. .

Wait, your in Germany! :) jk
SRT_USAF, are you going to the 1/4 mile races at Bitburg? Should be fun, I went last year before I got out. Check it out here

·
Registered
243 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
Towards the end of the article...

"Even special SRT-4 pedals announce that drivers are about to launch a fearsome display of power. The cast aluminum accelerator, brake pedal and clutch feature a cast dimple surface texture to assure good and surefooted traction."

Pretty sad when Mopar Magazine can't even get the specs on their own car correct! :roll:
Yea, it's a shame those pedals didn't make it to production.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Danke, el_jefe :)

I plan on Nurburgring for sure, I'm also going to find out (hopefully soon) whether the top speed is 148 or 153 on the autobahn since various reputable sources give both numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.