Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the device before?? If so, how accurate is it and was it useful for calculating "actual" performance increases in your modifications??

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Me....have it used it.

Pretty darn accurate if you ask me. I have dused it for 0-60 measurements.
A friend of mine took it to the track and got 14.1 on his mustang, while track ET was 14.0

So go figure. Just be sure you follow the mounting instructions that come with it.

Cali

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great!! I'm planning on getting one prior to making any mods that way I can tell what kind of improvement they make. Anyone else with comments on the G-Tech Pro....PLEASE....bring'em!!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Tried mine out tonight on my 03' Dakota, V8 230hp, but it only registered 173hp. I know the wieght was perfect becuase we went to a wieght station and checked in before we launched, but still dissapointed!

Tailgate was down also. how many gears do you think you should go through until you max out?

·
Registered
71 Posts
It measures wheel hp, that would be about right on the money, 230hp - 20% drivetran loss = 184hp.

Here is a scan I have from years ago Car Craft or Hot Rod, can't remember which:

I always found mine to be VERY accurate. I was always a bit quicker at the track because of decent 60ft times, mph is lower at the track of course since the G-Tech measures speed at the 1/4 mark whereas the track measures your average over the last 60ft. Usually about 2-3mph high trap speed on the G-Tech.[/img]

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
another question is your 230 to the wheels or is it the factory rating yuor quoting? im pretty sure the g-tech shows wheel horsepower...... i guess the only way to find out would be to take it to the dyno and see if the dyno numbers match the g-tech numbers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Spend the extra dough and buy the new G-Tech Pro Comp for $250, has a lot more info for you. Racetech also makes a great one around $200 you can hook to your PC to download the graphs and info. Here are some others:

http://www.tazzo.com/tazzo/perf.HTM?source=overture

http://store.yahoo.com/hpe/index.html

http://www.race-technology.com/WebPage/Products/Accelerometer/PerformanceMeterIntro.html

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
well there you go, the chrysler specs refer to the crank(with the exception of the srt) so you figure your pushing 170'ish to the wheels, which is about right for the dakota. you have a 5.2, 5.9 or 4.7?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Ooh, I just read up on the G-Tech Pro Competion and Race Technologies AP-22. They both sound sweet. The G-Tech seems to have caught up with the AP-22 features. I'm confused about which one to get. Anyone out there who's tried both and can give advice?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would say drivetrain loss would be at least 25% in 4x4. I would get the G-Tech Pro Comp.

I had an ordeal with G-Tech a few years back. A friend had borrowed it, brought it back and it was fried. I contacted them about repairing it, they said to send it in and gave me an address and all. A month later I never heard anything back at all. I called, they said they had not received it. I had insured the package though for $150, cost of replacing it. Well after another month of the PO saying they would not pay for it because someone had signed for it, G-Tech just sent me a brand new one. It took a while, but I sent in a burnt up one, it somehow got lost, they sent me a brand new one.

I will be buying a Pro Comp soon, the newest firmware version which includes rollout and multiple stored runs you can download to PC but the software isn't available from them yet for it, soon they say last I checked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
cali
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing