Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to give you guys a heads up I have a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 with 24,000 kms and recently just spun a Connection rod bearing causing Engine failure and a new Short Block. It gets worse, take it too Cooksville Dodge in Mississauga where I originally purchased the vehicle in November of 2004. I obviously take it in for warranty work and of course because I was stupid and bought STAGE 2 Turbo Upgrade "no toys". They are not fixing the motor under the warranty therefore I have a $4500.00 bill in order for me too fix it NEW.. not rebuilt. So long story short the reason for this occuring is that the Service Manager told me cause for this was Lack of Oil Pressure and Over Boosting (15 psi go figure)...oh and the Stage 2 LOL... anyways i've been quite a nervous wreck all day... don't know what to do where to start but i've got in contact with the district manager and he knows about whats going on. Will hear from him within the next 24 hours. If I still dont hear what I want I guess its another step closer to the high archy of Daimler Chrysler.

Warranty and Service is completely garbage... the whole f***in dealership knows about it as im a regular (where the confidentialty?) all Service Records have been done at Cooksville Dodge bought 6 cars over 20 years (in the family parents and what not) and this is what I get a multi-billion dollar company can't fix their problem... Not Happy thought I would let you guys know think twice before making Mopar or Any Mod to your car.

Derick

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
that sucks man .. what is that law where they have to physically prove that your modifications have caused the malfunction

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
but hes in canada, so laws are different

·
Banned
4,828 Posts
2PorkChop4U said:
Just to give you guys a heads up I have a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 with 24,000 kms and recently just spun a Connection rod bearing causing Engine failure and a new Short Block. It gets worse, take it too Cooksville Dodge in Mississauga where I originally purchased the vehicle in November of 2004. I obviously take it in for warranty work and of course because I was stupid and bought STAGE 2 Turbo Upgrade "no toys". They are not fixing the motor under the warranty therefore I have a $4500.00 bill in order for me too fix it NEW.. not rebuilt. So long story short the reason for this occuring is that the Service Manager told me cause for this was Lack of Oil Pressure and Over Boosting (15 psi go figure)...oh and the Stage 2 LOL... anyways i've been quite a nervous wreck all day... don't know what to do where to start but i've got in contact with the district manager and he knows about whats going on. Will hear from him within the next 24 hours. If I still dont hear what I want I guess its another step closer to the high archy of Daimler Chrysler.

Warranty and Service is completely garbage... the whole f***in dealership knows about it as im a regular (where the confidentialty?) all Service Records have been done at Cooksville Dodge bought 6 cars over 20 years (in the family parents and what not) and this is what I get a multi-billion dollar company can't fix their problem... Not Happy thought I would let you guys know think twice before making Mopar or Any Mod to your car.

Derick
Call your insurance Company. Tell them you can't afford the loss, and see if your policy will help you. If it spun a bearing, it was going to happen even without the stg 2 kit. I think mopar should at least split the bill, that's some bullcrap!!! :flame:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
ya thats motor defect...and as boost goes up/down depending on outside weather and adjusted by the computer which u received from mopar it should have compensated and not blown the motor

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
i guess time to change your sig??

Proud owner of a 2004 Dodge SRT-4

Mopar Blow Off Valve, Mopar Gauges, Mopar Short Throw Shifter, Eibach Sportline Springs, CBD Front Lip Spoiler, AEM Intake, Mopar Exhaust, JMB Catch Can MSD Ignition Wires / Coil Pack, Motor Mount Inserts 13.597 ET 60ft - 2.093 @ 104.5MPH...
imo, i was told if you were to have stage 2, you d be covered under warranty. HOWEVER, if you have other aftermarket supporting mods, I'd defintely say that you are fucked.

sorry derrick, but hopefully it'll work out for ya.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hey guys thanks for your words after doing some research on warranties and what not i have just realized that Canuck2k1 is right after all. Any Mopar part doesnt have warranty on the parts i.e. in my case computer, WG, MAP sensor, injectors. However they simply state that the vehicles warranty is no way affected using these mopar parts. It doesnt say anywhere that stage 2 voids warranty on the vehicle simply states that the vehicle's warranty doesnt cover the parts that you Purchase from the Mopar Street Parts Catalogue.

Please refer to this link Mopar Warranty Guidelines - Click Here -

Im not so nervous after all Im going in tommorow with all the ammo and get my car fixed with these numbnuts...

·
Registered
845 Posts
my car was stock when it blew at 10000kms and they gave me a hard time. saying i must have been beating the shit out of it for that to happen. dealerships are dinks, they will gladly sell you the car, and hope to never see you again.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I would try another dealer. No sense in wasting your time with a dud of a dealer.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Ya know, everybody and their mother always claimed that Staged mods techinically voided the entire powertrain warranty. However, after reading the link that 2PorkChop posted, it's very clearly stated that MOPAR staged mods DO NOT void your warranty. Here's the language straight from the source:

"The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle's warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle's warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle's warranty."

Unless they can prove that the mods you put on the car directly lead to the failure, you're golden.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Well since the dealer stated the bearing spun was due to "lack of oil pressure" I would say get that in writting because they just screwed themselves.
Clearly a lack of oil pressure has NOTHING to do with you Mopar mods nore did you ever state that to be the case. In fact you do not want the Mopar Performance parts replaced at all.

Keep us posted, go to another dealer also!

Mike

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys well district manager is definetly not doing anything for me i guess its off to a letter to the Daimler Chrysler Corporation. I wish I could goto another dealer although they apparently put a void on my warranty on the Warranty Database across Canada... i got Fished There! of course this was because of the Stage 2 PCM and Turbo Upgrade... i dun't know what to do ... any advice ... ?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
asylum said:
but the stage 2 isnt a "turbo" upgrade!
I was going to comment on that.. "and turbo upgrade" ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well they consider it a turbo upgrade as you do tamper with the wastegate actuator that is on the Turbo ... therefore holding the boost longer on the turbo... and thats what mopar calls it... its besides the point... grrr...frusturated

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
see if you can complain to a higher person, pursue it as far as possible. I'd sue them, you can go to small claims for up to $10,000, cheap and easy, no lawyer needed but you might want to consult one. Also check with the Automobile Protection Agency APA or whatever they are called, they give free advice, even if it means becoming a member, its worth it. The Toronto office is very good.

What was the source of the failure, it was lack of oil pressure, that is a defect and has nothing to do with boost levels, pcm or turbo size. That dealer is a piece of shit, let everyone know that. Send a letter to the owner of the dealership, and everyone else you can think of.

This is one reason I don't mind leasing a car from DCX, if the motor ever blows on my car and they don't honour the warranty I'll just drop it off at their doorstep and let them chase me. DCX has to have the worst warranty record, they have good cars but they fuck customers up all the time on warranty, its been going on for years.

good luck with things.

·
Forum Moderator
2,603 Posts
2PorkChop4U said:
hey guys well district manager is definetly not doing anything for me i guess its off to a letter to the Daimler Chrysler Corporation. I wish I could goto another dealer although they apparently put a void on my warranty on the Warranty Database across Canada... i got Fished There! of course this was because of the Stage 2 PCM and Turbo Upgrade... i dun't know what to do ... any advice ... ?
Take em to arbitration. It's your right to do so. They will then have to phisically prove that the S2 caused the said "lack of oil pressure" from holding higher boost.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
2PorkChop4U said:
Who put the void on your warranty? To my knowledge the dealer cannot do this, they can only refuse the work.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the shop foreman took a printout of the pcm and faxed over to DCX and it went from their when i called Daimler Chrysler Customer Assistance they had told me that the powertrain has already been voided on the system... to refrain me from going to any other dealership and getting the warranty work done... BASICALLY... SOMEONE HATES ME....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts