Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:stab: We were having a spark blow out issue in a customer's car. I pulled his plugs and cleaned them, regapped them to .028 and the problem was still there. I got pissed and slapped in an old set of ITV22 and problem solved. Not only that but the car pulled harder than it ever did. :thumbsup:
Denso rocks :clap:

· Registered
3,675 Posts
Wait, Ant are you talking about the Part# 4306 NGK's? Cuuuuuuuz I just bought 8 of them. DAMN. I still don't know how to tell if I have spark blow-out since my car seems to be pulling pretty well.

· Registered
7,116 Posts
I switched to them and my car runs better then with the champions.

· Registered
3,212 Posts
Ant @ Psi-Fi said:
:stab: We were having a spark blow out issue in a customer's car. I pulled his plugs and cleaned them, regapped them to .028 and the problem was still there. I got pissed and slapped in an old set of ITV22 and problem solved. Not only that but the car pulled harder than it ever did. :thumbsup:
Denso rocks :clap:
Can you be more specific about the customer's mods? Just because one of your customers has problems with it, doesnt mean everyone will. :)

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Probably running serious boost if the plugs are being gapped at .028 so the typical individual running stock turbo would more than likely not have a problem running the NGK's. If you run a huge turbo and boosting 23+psi then I don't know why anyone wouldn't use the DENSO's but they do not work very well on a stock turbo car so don't go out and buy them thinking they will be better cause psi-fi says the had better results w/ them then the ngk's. Alot of people bought the Denso's out here and it caused stumbling at low rpm accelerations and some studdering when just getting into boost. On stock turbo though and I am sure the car Ant speaks of is not stock turbo.

· Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Part number LZTR5A 13 is what is on the plug. We were pushing about 21psi on the 57 trim and the car would get to 18psi and sound like a rev limiter hit.
Externally I see nothing wrong with any of the plugs. They just didn't work. Mind you he has been running them for a bit, but has been complaining of laggyness and no power. Sure enough toss in some old used ITV22 Denso and boom rocketship :warp:

· Registered
2,048 Posts
White_Zzzzz said:
Can you be more specific about the customer's mods? Just because one of your customers has problems with it, doesnt mean everyone will. :)
check my sig bro.

and on a side note; ant, you wasted NO time at all, did you? :frogtongu

· Registered
2,048 Posts
Ant @ Psi-Fi said:
Part number LZTR5A 13 is what is on the plug. We were pushing about 21psi on the 57 trim and the car would get to 18psi and sound like a rev limiter hit.
Externally I see nothing wrong with any of the plugs. They just didn't work. Mind you he has been running them for a bit, but has been complaining of laggyness and no power. Sure enough toss in some old used ITV22 Denso and boom rocketship :warp:
rocketship is right ant. i have never felt this thing pull so hard. i was just thinking about how i can go back and lay the smack down on that pesky camaro. i figure at least 2 car lengths. what do you think? :readclose :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,748 Posts
hmmmm.....

I bought some Densos but have yet to install them...

I have had great results with the NGK Copper plug you mention. They have been in the car since the turbo kit install......

· Registered
3,618 Posts
denso itv here :) great set of plugs :thumbsup: only drawback is you have to buy the wireset and socket tool along with it..

· Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
topofnewyork said:
hey ant where were you on saturday man
we was at etown waiting
I got stuck under Mike's car. Something that was suppose to take maybe 1 hour tuned into a whole day :flame: Anyhow it was pouring where I was. I figured that they canceled and would run all on Sunday. We went then and did crappy due to a long gone 2nd gear on Mike's car :stab:

· Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have actually installed the ITV22 over other plugs and the idle smoothed out. And yes this was on stock turbo cars as well. Mind you I don't sell plugs. I have no motive here. I am just sharing my experiences. :cow:

· Registered
1,687 Posts
Yah, I agree that NGK's suck. I went with them and ran at the track and lost 2mph and noticed the loss of power. I even regapped them to make sure they where right and they still sucked. I installed the stock champions and they instantly gained my back my 2mph. :wah?!:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.