Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove by the VW dealer near me to check some VW parts. When I got out to the parking lot, all the sales people are surrounding my car. Quotes:

"Hey, man! This's the turbo Neon, right?!"

"Damn!"

"It does look nice!"

"I love the seats!"

"Interior is much better than I expected!"

"Is it fast?"

"It's S-R-T-four!"

"Where's the turbo?"

"I like the sounds of the exhaust!"

"Where's the muffler?"

Same day, at 5-Star dealership in Spring Field, VA. As soon as I pulled in their lot (I came to see if I could order an extra key and remote control), I almost could not get out of my car coz of the sales and manager people crowding. Few techs came out as well and smiled at my car. One sales and one manager came to ask me how much I paid for it. I can't tell them but I told them I got it below MSRP. They laughed at me. I laughed at them back. I told them that I know of few people that I will bring to their store if they will sell their SRT-4 at MSRP or below. If not, not far from theiur dealer are dealers who are already willing to sell theirs at MSRP when they get them. At that point, their smiles vanished like it was never there.

8)

·
Registered
524 Posts
SilverBullet said:
Same day, at 5-Star dealership in Spring Field, VA. As soon as I pulled in their lot (I came to see if I could order an extra key and remote control), I almost could not get out of my car coz of the sales and manager people crowding. Few techs came out as well and smiled at my car. One sales and one manager came to ask me how much I paid for it. I can't tell them but I told them I got it below MSRP. They laughed at me. I laughed at them back. I told them that I know of few people that I will bring to their store if they will sell their SRT-4 at MSRP or below. If not, not far from theiur dealer are dealers who are already willing to sell theirs at MSRP when they get them. At that point, their smiles vanished like it was never there.

8)
You must be talking about Jerry's Dodge. I called them up, to ask about price and availability. Responses were we don't know how many we're getting, and we're not sure how much we're going to mark it up yet, but there will be some markup. One phone call later, I found a dealership that was willing to sell for MSRP and it's not very far away at all, so we'll see how well Jerry's does at pushing their SRT's with a markup.

Next time you plan on heading to Springfield, give a shout. I would love to see that ride of yours in person. Silver is starting to grow on me 8) .

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
what alot of people seem to get comfused is between a 1st and 2nd gen neon. They get the mentality that just because they rented a 1st gen a few years back that the SRT4 has same quality as those. My 00 ES now 3 years old, 100+k miles and slightly modified is STILL roaming the streets on factory everything with nary a prob. I loved that car but had to sell it and im sure the new owner loves it but still that car speaks volumes for 2nd gen neons vs 1st gen...so your first comment when people say "its nicer than expected" is "this is not a 1st generation Neon derived car..."

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
the owner of the car dictates how long it will last. My 00 ES like i was telling Pit Viper has in excess of 100k miles and its a 2000! it is still running on factory everything, is on its second set of brakes (1st changed at 60k miles :shock: ) and the kicker...it was street raced every weekend for the past 3 years. So much for that Neon being a POS theory :roll: , like i tell everyone else "If you dont take care of your car it will not take care of you.."

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SayNo2Rice said:
SilverBullet said:

8)
You must be talking about Jerry's Dodge. I called them up, to ask about price and availability. Responses were we don't know how many we're getting, and we're not sure how much we're going to mark it up yet, but there will be some markup. One phone call later, I found a dealership that was willing to sell for MSRP and it's not very far away at all, so we'll see how well Jerry's does at pushing their SRT's with a markup.

Next time you plan on heading to Springfield, give a shout. I would love to see that ride of yours in person. Silver is starting to grow on me 8) .
That's the dealer.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
From the beginning they seemed straight forward on only charging MSRP. That's where I purchased my car. I think the fact that they may only receive 6 more could be a factor why they said they might mark it up. I'd talk to the internet manager to make sure they aren't feeding you a line.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
93civEJ1 said:
yeah I hope when I purchase my srt it's not going to be a big peice of crap.. I hope it's like my honda is and will stay good as long as you keep the oil changed on it? 8)
gotta put in my default claim about neons here. my old neon, sitting bored next to my srt, is a 95 with a 94 build date...meaning its about as old as they get. it has in excess of 155,000 miles and up until last week's purchase, was my daily driver. Took me on countless road trips (including a 6 hour drive just last week) and never complained. i beat the shit out of it. leaks a bit of oil, but just enough to be noticeable right around changing time (used synth since 100k). original atx tranny, all original internals, no bad noises, still pulls hard, only stuff that broke was the water pump (at 131k) and the headgasket went at like 130k, and typical stuff like the above that you'd see breaking when your car has 150 thousand miles (o2 sensor, etc.). oh, and the ride quality on the srt is so far above the 1st gen's, its sad.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My previous Neon was 2k model (built '99) and ran hard until I traded it in at 110,000 miles. If I was not out of town, I would have kept it as I originally planned. I miss that car badly.

·
Registered
726 Posts
We are a sentimental lot, aren't we? Lost cars are kinda like lost loves...join me in raising a glass, gents! :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
*raises glass*

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought a '99 Highline in '98 and that's still one of my favorite cars ever. Too bad some pigf*cker hit me, damn near killed me, and totalled it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
Xerxes
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing