Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i met up with one of my friend's brother who is also good friends with my brother, he's had 2 Z28's before and just got a 2002 Lightning. Well we met up and went up to race by me and I told him we'd race from a roll and a stop, he said it's cool. So here's how it went:

1st race = from about 10 mph, floored it, by about 110 I'd say I beat him by around 2 car lengths

2nd race = from a stop to about 70 he beat me by about 1 car lenght

3rd race = from a stop to about 70 again (got a better laucnh) beat him by about 1 car length

4th race = from a stop to about 70 again (peeled out a lot in 1st and 2nd) he beat me by about a car length

Conclusion...I think I found my match :lol: , was a good race, I call it a draw :D

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
cant wait to get the mounts in there :wink: :twisted: i smell a rematch :twisted: 8)

BTW Terminator any comments from them?

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, haha, I talked to them afterwards and hung out for a little, he said we'd call it a draw and that it was a very respectable race/car and he had no idea it was as fast as it was, he was really surprsied how well it kept up with him (and passed him of course :lol: ), but it's one of the few races that have been almost a dead tie that I can say the driver was cool about it, he just thought it was a normal neon though along with the 4 other people that watched, haha :lol: :D

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
did you say "its a Dodge SRT4 not a Neon" comment?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Terminator said:
acr2nv said:
did you say "its a Dodge SRT4 not a Neon" comment?
but of course, I told them to look and see if they can find the word "neon" anywhere on/in the car, muahaha :twisted: , of course they couldn't!!
Tell them is a skittle!
Then tell em to taste the unburnt 93 octane flavor that you put out.....

BTW welcome back!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
IMPOSSIBLE!!! it had to be an automatic lightning!! or maybe it was just a regular truck with lightning badges on it, cause everyone knows that the srt-4 couldnt be that fast!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
im no genius,, but I dont think they make MTX Lightnings..........so in answer to your question, yes it WAS an automatic Lightning, sure the SRT could keep up, its MUCH lighter and smaller so its top end will be better than a big ass truck thats heavier and has MUCH MUCH more air resistance.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
IMPOSSIBLE!!! it had to be an automatic lightning!! or maybe it was just a regular truck with lightning badges on it, cause everyone knows that the srt-4 couldnt be that fast!!
what crack are you smoking Lightnings only run high 13s stock, NO there are no MTXs and yes SRT4 is THAT fast.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
acr2nv said:
what crack are you smoking Lightnings only run high 13s stock, NO there are no MTXs and yes SRT4 is THAT fast.
I'll edit his post for him and replace FAST with QUICK. It is fast, but quick is a better term. Anyways, cool race Terminator! It's nice to know that there are respectable racers out there :wink:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
*cough*SRT-4= 17-18psi :wink: i would know cause i modded it*cough*

·
Registered
17 Posts
Terminator said:
alright so i met up with one of my friend's brother who is also good friends with my brother, he's had 2 Z28's before and just got a 2002 Lightning. Well we met up and went up to race by me and I told him we'd race from a roll and a stop, he said it's cool. So here's how it went:

1st race = from about 10 mph, floored it, by about 110 I'd say I beat him by around 2 car lengths

2nd race = from a stop to about 70 he beat me by about 1 car lenght

3rd race = from a stop to about 70 again (got a better laucnh) beat him by about 1 car length

4th race = from a stop to about 70 again (peeled out a lot in 1st and 2nd) he beat me by about a car length

Conclusion...I think I found my match :lol: , was a good race, I call it a draw :D

With the 75 wet shot..I can actualy believe the outcomes. Put a stock SRT-4 against a stock 2002 Lightning. Different outcome....fore sure from a dig!!!.

I have a 99L with only 2 bolt-ons Pulley, filter..... yeah i have a chip , but that's a plug in doesn't count.hehe...and run in the 12's!!! You won because you shot the juice!!!

·
Banned
552 Posts
tbag said:
oh, so you're one of those tools that thinks an SRT-4 and a neon are 2 different things. Haha, wake up homo, it's still a fucking neon.
My brother claims his "neon" SRT-4,is not a neon...quite sad. It would be like a cobra owner claiming his car isn't a mustang.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
19 Participants
srt4turbo04
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing