Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright ive had my srt for about 2 weeks now and i have just been putting in 87. i know i should probably put premium in it but i was jsut wondering if there was anyone else that just put 87 in it and then put some sort of gas treatment in it. cause its hard to afford premium gas with a high car payment.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
neonsohc said:
alright ive had my srt for about 2 weeks now and i have just been putting in 87. i know i should probably put premium in it but i was jsut wondering if there was anyone else that just put 87 in it and then put some sort of gas treatment in it. cause its hard to afford premium gas with a high car payment.
Should have thought of that before you bought the car.... :readclose

·
Banned
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thanks for answering my question.....but ive heard of some people doing that...just putting in 87 and putting in stp gas treatment. i dont need any input whether or not i should have bought the car or not.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
neonsohc said:
well thanks for answering my question.....but ive heard of some people doing that...just putting in 87 and putting in stp gas treatment. i dont need any input whether or not i should have bought the car or not.
You'll take the input....and you will like it :jester:

I think that as long as your putting in enough gas treatment to put it over you should be ok...but I have my doubts about those gas treatments...

·
Banned
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright well thanks.....i think im just going to stop spending money on other shit and just pay for the premium gas even though gas out here is fucking ridiculous at times...

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Anyone who owns a SRT-4 and does not put at least 91 octane should have their car repoed.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Dude... for the price of a latte you could be putting 91 in! If you're either too cheap or too broke to afford the extra 2-3$ per tank, I agree - you should have bought a Prius.

You cannot afford to go cheap on a car like this - it's a high performance automobile and needs the fluids and care to make it last. I don't wanna think about what you'll do when it comes time to buy new rubber.

·
Registered
632 Posts
gas treatment itself wont do anything for you. Octane boost will help though.

The problem with running 87 octane is detonation......detonation destroys an engine.

Just post you VIN so we know what car not to buy used.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The owner's manuel recommends 93 it even says on the fuel lid premium octane only. By the time you buy the gas treatment you could have spent it on the higher octane.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Highest I can get in Wyoming is 91. Does it still pull timing even tho I'm at 5300 feet? Less oxygen, bla bla bla? Anyone?

·
Banned
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well like ive said...im just going to say fuck it and put in 91 and its only been 2 weeks ive had the car

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you can get 93 octane in Ohio put that in. You'll see a difference and it's only better and safer for your car. Don't go cheap cause you'll pay for it in the long run.

·
Registered
549 Posts
neonsohc said:
well like ive said...im just going to say fuck it and put in 91 and its only been 2 weeks ive had the car

Dude, your car NEEDS 91 or better octane. STP (or any other) octane booster raises your fuel (about 10 gallons) 7 points in octane. But what does that mean? It raises your fuel to 87.7 octane.

We're not ripping on you, we're telling you the truth here, anything lower then 91 octane will cause your engine to destroy itself.

·
Banned
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
speaking about putting rubber on my car. anyone know where i can find a set of rims and tires for the winter. or could old neon rims work on it i have a set of 15" motegi i was thinking about putting on during the winter with some winter tires.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
yeah.. STP octane booster is shit... not even worth the time driving htere to get it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
04SRTproject said:
Dude, your car NEEDS 91 or better octane. STP (or any other) octane booster raises your fuel (about 10 gallons) 7 points in octane. But what does that mean? It raises your fuel to 87.7 octane.

We're not ripping on you, we're telling you the truth here, anything lower then 91 octane will cause your engine to destroy itself.
thank you. read the back of the packages before you waste your money on things like this :readclose

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
You're kidding right? Its at MAX $2 more a tank. It isn't like you are saving hundreds :)And even if you put octance booster in they cost about $3+ so in reality you are not saving anything :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts