Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have stage 1, agp wastegate, perrin boost controller, aem cold air, bdj race exhuast, ngk plugs running close to 19lbs and am worried my air fuel isnt right and am also worrien because whenever i race my temp goes up? what should i go with first a new fuel rail, and fuel pressure adjuster or front mount intercooler?

·
Registered
8,286 Posts
DBJDS said:
i have stage 1, agp wastegate, perrin boost controller, aem cold air, bdj race exhuast, ngk plugs running close to 19lbs and am worried my air fuel isnt right and am also worrien because whenever i race my temp goes up? what should i go with first a new fuel rail, and fuel pressure adjuster or front mount intercooler?
get an intercooler. your engine temps have nothing to do with running lean. only your egt temps do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where can i get a fuel pump and you think the fuel pump is more importent then a new intercooler?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Fuel pump is going to do anything alone. If you are worried about your temps going up you need a bigger FMIC. But i would say that isnt the problem unless your pushing alot of HP. If you need more fuel your going to need a FPR, bigger injectors, fuel pump etc. But like ray said your fuel is not going to affect your temps, if thats what your worried about get a bigger FMIC. Or maybe save some money and get an A/F gauge or better yet get it dynoed with a wideband to see your A/F

·
Premium Member
14,452 Posts
if you run a fuel system you will need something to control it.. so this will turn out to be more expensive than Intercooler.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So with my mods as of now what do you think would be better a front mount intercooler, or say the perrin fuel rail and a fuel pressure controller?

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
fmic :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
DBJDS said:
As long as you have the stock turbo YOU DO NOT NEED A FUEL SYSTEM. We sell fuel systems and I am telling you NOT to get one. If you want your EGTs to drop then get a aquamist setup or an intercooler. The Aquamist will have a greater effect on the EGTs though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts