Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well for the past month ive been getting this code P0440-GENERAL EVAP SYSTEM FAILURE. ive been told to retighten my gascap. and i do. reset the pcm and it comes back. for fuel i have the bottle neck mod done, s1 inj about to put in some rc 750s, agp returnline. and im using an safc2 to tune.

what other causes could be doing this, i do notice some random puffs of smoke which smells nothing like oil or coolant. so im really puzzled as to what could be doing this. any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have none of that stuff done to mine and I just started throwing that code. Gas cap is usually for small to medium evap leak but hose are diggerent codes so i'm not sure why the code comes up yet. has anyone found the real reason yet.

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
Simple. One of the vacumn lines on your evap system is cracked or split. Start at the tank and follow the vacuum lines all the way from the tank to where they come up behind the turbo. You'll either find one of the rubber hoses to be split or cracked(or multiple hoses depending on mileage). If all those check out, then its either a cracked evap canister or bad purge solenoid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts