Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving on the highway slowly accelerating and suddenly the car loses power for a little bit then comes back. I hook up the wideband and data log it. What happens is when i slowly accelerate it reaches a certain point where it seems to loose fuel pressue because it goes totally of the charts lean. I have 32000 miles on my car and installed the 75psi FPR mod 1 week and a half ago. I am assuming i am going to have to replace the pump witha walbro, what do you guys think?

I also just checked the engine codes i have and they are:

Which seem to be the PTB codes that come with upping the boost without staged upgrades. Could this be possibly causing the problem? I am going to try the tip mod to get rid of the codes and see what happens.

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you're throwing codes then you're getting a decent amount of PTB. Before replacing the fuel pump, look into this...

I think your problem may be spark blowout. When a misfire occurs, there is a lot of unburned fuel and an excess of air that will pass through the exhaust. The O2 sensor is gonna see this extra air and will show a leaner condition.

Try adjusting plug gap or replacing plugs/wires/coil before you take a bunch of time and money replacing a possibly OK fuel pump.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i didn't want to spend all the money on the fuel setup right now at least. I actually just had new plugs installed with the rest of the stuff. When i checked them this past weekend seemed they were gapped below .030 so i upped them to .035.

I have the MSD coil and wires that i installed at about 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
844 Posts
There are a lot of members that had nothing but problems with the MSD coil and have switched back to the stock unit. That could be something to look into. Personally, I dont have any experience with the MSD coil.

On the other hand, your first instinct could be right; maybe there is something wrong with your fuel pump or the regulator.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phubarr said:
Is that "PTP's" FPR mod?
Yes it is, the new design 75psi.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jaredcarini said:
There are a lot of members that had nothing but problems with the MSD coil and have switched back to the stock unit. That could be something to look into. Personally, I dont have any experience with the MSD coil.

On the other hand, your first instinct could be right; maybe there is something wrong with your fuel pump or the regulator.
I could always try that, i still have the stocker. I can try the swapping the coil pack and even back to the stocks wires too.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did a little test run on my way to lunch. I reset the engine codes, then went and slowly accelerated until the problem happened againg and the engine code came right back. So i don't think it is the fuel pump but its weird if the car is seeing the boost why would it go lean instead of rich??

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump for answers, anybody have similiar problems?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You might want to look into the PTP FPR mod, I've seen LOTS, and I mean LOTS of people having problems with them. Yes, even the new ones...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I installed a new FPR with it, and everything works great at WOT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts