Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
On the fuel rail on the side with the injectors. You probably have a "test port" (which is a schrader valve) on the rail, and can use an adapter to get the pressure reading off that, or you can tee any connection point on that stretch. If you're using fuel rails with AN fittings, then you can get an NPT tee-off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
pphilps said:
So just to clarify..... is it "thru" type thing.... or is it just a one way type of sensor..... if that makes sense.... I just can't picture what it is doing and I am wondering if it will work with my stage 3 fuel rail and the return line system that I will be getting....
There is only one port on the fuel-pressure sender so fuel is not passing through the sensor. You're tee-ing off the fuel rail so that fuel can continue to pass through the rail as it always does, but now you have fuel going to the teed side. But since the fuel can't flow anywhere (as it stops at the sensor), you just get a pressure measurement without affecting existing flow. If you've got a stage 3 fuel rail, then I'm sure you have non-OEM fittings so you'd easier find a tee fitting for any existing port. Are you using AN, NPT, or compression fittings on that rail?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have a 05 Stock Fuel Rail. Stupid question but If I get a Fuel Pressure gauge will I be safe (as me being able to plug it into the fuel rail directly.)?

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's actually simple ... drain the fuel from the lines first, then do mount the sender. To drain fuel, you should have a "test port" on the rail (a schrader valve like a tire valve) so people usually wrap an old cloth around a small awl or screwdriver and push it into the pin in the valve to relieve the fuel pressure, or others will start the engine and while it's running, disconnect the fuel pump (either from the relay, emergency cutoff switch or unplug the pump) and let the engine run out of fuel. Then the fuel lines are dry.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts