Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resident Drunken Moron
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to add fuel via my DSP the other day, and it was doing little to nothing by adding 5%, then to 10%, it wasn't adding the fuel it should be.

I feel like it would be my fuel pressure regulator going bad? Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it with a FPR? I don't want to spend the 120$ and that not being the problem.

Any other suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yea I had a bad FPR but with me the FPR wouldn't adjust fuel and when the car turned off the fuel pressure would drop instantly fuel pressure wouldn't go past 42

That's a neon....

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bought the agp returnline and walbro kit when I thought I was having lean problems, ended up being something else, but my dsp effects my fuel much more easily now. Worth the 350$ just to have the supporting mod for later.
I run 11.2 consistantly now during pulls. 14.0 during boosted acceration with the vac line attached

Also hello from akron ohio.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I bought the agp returnline and walbro kit when I thought I was having lean problems, ended up being something else, but my dsp effects my fuel much more easily now. Worth the 350$ just to have the supporting mod for later.
I run 11.2 consistantly now during pulls. 14.0 during boosted acceration with the vac line attached

What was your lean problem I bought the Agp fuel returnline and a new fpr and walbro because it would go lean after 5500 at WOT

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Stock fuel system including filter/regulator? Return line kit with aftermarket regulator? No matter what you have, if you suspected a mechanical issue with fuel pressure the first thing I'd do is buy or rent a gauge (and any adapter fittings as necessary if you had a stock '04+ fuel system without Schrader valve on the rail) and verify what pressure is doing at idle as well as at WOT under full boost near redline or when injector pulse-width is highest. Also how do you know the changes aren't doing anything? Are you watching on a wideband and have you also logged to see what the fuel trims are doing? That should give an indication if the computer is trying to richen the mixture but can't.

·
Resident Drunken Moron
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The FPR was not my problem. Putting my wally 255 in tomorrow to see if the stock pump is the problem.

and the FPR was 115$

·
Registered
1 Posts

What ended up being your lean issue? Just curious, doing research because I am also having an issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was trying to add fuel via my DSP the other day, and it was doing little to nothing by adding 5%, then to 10%, it wasn't adding the fuel it should be.

I feel like it would be my fuel pressure regulator going bad? Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it with a FPR? I don't want to spend the 120$ and that not being the problem.

Any other suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
If you learn how to test the FPR, you can save some money on repairs and get your vehicle running faster. Fuel pressure regulators commonly fail in one of two ways: When it fails to hold the pressure, it supplies too little fuel to the engine, causing a low-pressure mixture; when the FPR is stuck and builds up more pressure than it should, it will cause the injectors to deliver too much fuel, causing a rich mixing condition (high pressure). These conditions may be caused by a worn out spring or valve, a leaking diaphragm or a lack of vacuum on the pressure regulator. However, other worn or failed components, such as fuel filters, fuel pumps, and automatic transmission problems, may also cause symptoms similar to those of a failed pressure regulator. So you need a way to troubleshoot your vehicle's regulator whenever you suspect a malfunction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts