Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal. I've had my stage 2 installed for over a month now and at 1st i thought the fuel smell was just going to burn off so to speak but i STILL smell it. Funny thing is that i only smell it after WOT and not in the engine bay.
I did a search on here and someone mentioned to check the fuel injectors to see if they were seated properly because if they weren't fuel would pool in that area. I checked that and had a friend rev the engine but i didn't see or smell any fuel. So the next suggestion in this forum was to check the fuel line its self but i couldn't see any leakage or smell gas near it.

Any ideas on what i should be checking?? Also my car has a bad stumble when its 1st started in the morning like it wants to stall when its put into gear and you try to drive away. But that goes away when the car is warmed up. Is this last problem a normal stage 2 behavior?

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Specs......
2004 SRT 4
Stage 2 w/toys
NGK 4306 gapped .035
New wires with stage 2
Mopar Cat-back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,357 Posts
Have you changed the plugs lately?? Stg2 runs pig rich if you didnt know that already, and what kind of fuel smell is it? like dumping gas straight on the gorund or like its been burnt and has the really rich smell after your slowing down after going WOT...

Those will help us out alot, oh and by the way if you smell it after your slowing down, thats normal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
E-BlueRocket said:
Have you changed the plugs lately?? Stg2 runs pig rich if you didnt know that already, and what kind of fuel smell is it? like dumping gas straight on the gorund or like its been burnt and has the really rich smell after your slowing down after going WOT...

Those will help us out alot, oh and by the way if you smell it after your slowing down, thats normal.
Wow man that was a quick response! The plugs are new , i changed them plus the wires when i installed the stage 2 last month. As for the odor its more of a faint gas smell coming through the vents but not over powering.
Any ideas on the cold start up stumble ....is this normal for stage 2?

tks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
I have always had the hard start in the morning in the beginning of the summer; my car did it this morning as well. what is your plug gap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
04PAcruz'n said:
I have always had the hard start in the morning in the beginning of the summer; my car did it this morning as well. what is your plug gap?

Specs......
2004 SRT 4
Stage 2 w/toys
NGK 4306 gapped .035 <<<<<<<<<<<<<< :thumbsup:
New wires with stage 2
Mopar Cat-back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,266 Posts
mileage? stock downpipe/cat?

i used to get a bit of an oil smell after a WOT run, i installed a catch can and it mostly went away, i'm sure a ptp check valve would take care of the rest. wonder if it's the same in your case.

how do you like your S2? what are ya boosting?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jc.turbo said:
mileage? stock downpipe/cat?

i used to get a bit of an oil smell after a WOT run, i installed a catch can and it mostly went away, i'm sure a ptp check valve would take care of the rest. wonder if it's the same in your case.

how do you like your S2? what are ya boosting?

45000KM'S with stock exhaust except for mopar cat back
> no catch can btw

Boosting 16psi 2nd
17psi 3rd
17-18psi 4th
never looked at 5th
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stage 2 stumble >partial throttle

i dont notice the gas smell as much anymore but the car has developed at bad stumble when giving it partial throttle below 3k/rpms. It like the car stutters or has small exhaust pops until the rpm's go over 3k ish.

I took it to the dealer yesterday and the replaced the TPS sensor but today i'm still having the same problem.

Any ideas on what it could be??
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top