Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that the previous owner had 1025 injectors and a Walbro 255 pump installed to run on an e85 Diablo tune. I was glad to hear that. Also in the last 3k miles he had coolant flush with Mopar coolant, Trans flush, and Super Blue brake fluid. Now I just have to do the timing belt, plugs and power steering flush. Car has 60k miles.

Registered
05 srt-4 white
You might want to buy a Diablo/HP tuners unit and get in contact with [email protected] needlesstorque.com . Do you know if the car has 3bar map and tip sensors? Seeing it's got bigger injectors I bet it does. The previous owner may of took off the tune even if he didn't remove the tune. I would recommend getting your own tunes. needlesstorque.com/product-details--1025cc-siemens-fuel-injectors---e85---gas-base-tunes.html plus then you could have the 93 and e-85 tune to switch back and forth from at your leisure. Just my opinion. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might want to buy a Diablo/HP tuners unit and get in contact with [email protected] needlesstorque.com . Do you know if the car has 3bar map and tip sensors? Seeing it's got bigger injectors I bet it does. The previous owner may of took off the tune even if he didn't remove the tune. I would recommend getting your own tunes. needlesstorque.com/product-details--1025cc-siemens-fuel-injectors---e85---gas-base-tunes.html plus then you could have the 93 and e-85 tune to switch back and forth from at your leisure. Just my opinion. 馃憤
Thanks for the info, good advice. He did give me the Diablo tuner, I think it is an older unit based on what I鈥檓 seeing for sale now. But he did say when he upgraded the fuel system he used the Diablo to change from gas to e85 and that鈥檚 all he has run since. Quick question, can I add fuel system cleaner in the tank with e85 or do I have to tune for gas first?

Registered
05 srt-4 white
Ok good deal that you got the tuner with the car that is definitely a good thing!!! As far as a fuel system cleaner with the e-85. I can't really say if you can or not.... I would probably go by the bottle of cleaner if it say mixes with ethanol then go for it but if not I wouldn't. Also e-85 it's self is acting as a cleaner for your fuel system. Now I know they do sell a e-85 additive but I belive it acts as a lubricant. But once again I can't say for sure because I've never used either products.

Registered
Thanks for the info, good advice. He did give me the Diablo tuner, I think it is an older unit based on what I鈥檓 seeing for sale now. But he did say when he upgraded the fuel system he used the Diablo to change from gas to e85 and that鈥檚 all he has run since. Quick question, can I add fuel system cleaner in the tank with e85 or do I have to tune for gas first?
E85 has gasoline in it. thats the assumed 15% is.... but depending on where you live and what time of year it is the E85 may actually not be 85% alcohol. I believe the blend could be anywhere from 50-85%..

Depending on how long its been sitting in the ground it might be bad. You have to use E fuels because they like to absorb moisture from the air.

As for a cleaner, unless you have old E85 and its gone gooey, you shouldnt need to put a "fuel system cleaner" in. if its old, drop the tank and clean it out, then your filters. and refill the tank with new E. Or convert it back to gas and just drive the car normally.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup I don鈥檛 like the variable % in e85, but It still makes more power. Did buy some Lucas fuel system cleaner for e85 so I am going to use a little of that. My SRT4 is one of 3 cars so it doesn鈥檛 get driven daily therefore the fuel sits longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts