Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I randomly started getting fuel or some kind of cut out at WOT. Mopar Stg2 w/toys and MPx exhaust, kinetic kreations fuel pump rewire, AGP direct fit IC, ETS pipe, AGP WG (8lb spring PCM controlled boost), Hot and cold hard pipes, walbro 255. So far I replaced the FPR/fuel filter, new 1 step colde plugs gapped at .032. New Mopar coil, new wires and now is starts better and runs worst and cuts out sooner on less load. No engine codes at all. What could be the issue. Will be testing fuel pressure to rail tomorrow. Had injectors cleaned and flowed. 3 flowed exactly the same and 1 flowed higher than the other 3 by 2-3%. Other than above mentioned mods everything else is completely stock. No vacuum leaks, did a leak down test on the motor and only loosing 1psi or 1% leak down so motor is in excellent shape.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Sounds like you're on the right track for diagnosing the issue. It's completely possible the fuel pump is dying and not keeping up with the demand.

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
93 Posts
Also check fuel pressure at w.o.t under load. Your pressure at the rail at idle might be good but at w.o.t it might be falling into a no zone.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuel pump only has roughly 20k miles on it. Could it really be going bad already?

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
93 Posts
The walbro 255 has been known to fail frequently. I know I have been though 3 diff ones since I changed the factory one at 30000 and now the car has 92000 now.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So I'm getting 66psi at the rail and it's still getting the misfire. Are there filters in the Mopar injectors that can be removed? (Yes, Yes they can)(called strainer baskets) ordered the tool to do it off Amazon.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled the baskets and still no luck still misfiring. Now it's random and at lower RPM when it's misfiring. Guess this long weekend I will go through the whole car.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
post diablosport data log

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's stock Mopar. Have no tuner.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
You replaced the ignition wires, are they fully seated on the coil terminals and plugs? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. I'm going to be looking for vacuum leaks today. Nothing is pointing to any issues with ignition or fuel. Going to start checking gaskets and visual go over every vacuum line. Just because I have no engine lights or codes. All my sensors are working properly based of the live data off my scan tool.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered a new set of injectors and believe that will fix my issue. Have 3 running less fuel than 1 injector which is most likely giving me my lean condition and misfire since I can not find any other issues.

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
93 Posts
Very curious as to if it fixes it. Keep us informed if you would.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will. The thought of a trouble thread being started and not updated with a fix always bothered me.
Injectors are my last piece of the puzzle. Motor, fuel pump, coil/wires, sensors all check out or was replaced. The only thing that did not test right where the injectors. 3 flowed less than 1 of them. Didn't see the actual tube but it was about a quater inch higher in the fuel flow. Spark plugs show a lean condition as well. Car has 212k miles on it.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Replaced the wires, and installed new injectors. Although it runs A LOT better still did not fix the issue. Decided to do another boost leak test and found air just blasting out of the TurboXS SML Hybrid BOV. So the o-rings are shot. So soon as I fix that, will see if that solves my issue.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
inch by inch... good job figuring out part of the problem!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was having a lot of hard starting problems. Those are completely gone now. Starts almost instantly. Need to fix that leak and should be golden. Cold start, it starts up and runs great then as it warms starts missing now. So that leak would explain the issue.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fixed the BOV leak then later found another leak in the Green line. Now I finally have my car idling perfect but still getting fuel cut in 3rd gear when I go WOT. Getting a little cut out off idle. I ordered the entire vacuum line set, TB gasket, and Intake gasket. Eliminating the on turbo BOV and moving to charpe pipe location. So hopefully I can finally have this issue solved.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
good job on finding your other leaks. hopefully what you've ordered will fix the last of the issues!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Me too. This is getting annoying.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts